Tʜᴇ Rᴜɴᴡᴀʏ (2)

______________________________________

Kie walks into the Château looking for literally anyone. Estrella was with her Mom and Pope was helping his Dad with groceries. She walks in and closes the door behind her as she sees JJ and John B in the kitchen.

"Hey-"

"I have to tell her, dude. I can't keep this from her anymore." JJ says as he leans on the counter

John B grabs a beer from the fridge before leaning on the opposite counter. "Okay, so then tell her."

"How ? Just go and tell her I bet $50 that I could sleep with her ?"

"What ?" Kie exclaims

John B and JJ jump as they turn to her. Kie walks into the kitchen. "What the hell are you guys talking about ?"

"Kiara-"

"You bet $50 that you could sleep with Estrella ?"

"No-"

"No ?" She chuckles humorlessly, "So then who was it because I know you didn't sleep with me."

JJ looks over at John B who shrugs. JJ looks to Kie who crosses her arms as she waits for an answer.

"Okay, um," JJ starts, "John B and I bet that I could sleep with Star."

"Are you kidding me ?" Kie yells

"We were drunk. It was just something stupid. I didn't think he would actually do it." John B says

"It doesn't matter. You have to tell her." Kie says

"I know. I just don't know how." JJ says

"Well, figure it out. You can't keep something like that from her."

Just as she finishes, the door opens again.

"Jay. John B. Come look at this surfboard I just finished." Estrella smiles standing by the door.

Kie looks to the two boys, "Figure it out."

They walk out into the living room and Estrella's smile widens. "Oh, I didn't know you were here, Kie. Come look at this surfboard."

"Coming." Kie says as she follows her out. JJ taking a deep breath before he and John B walk out.

______________________________________

JJ had dropped both Kie and Pope at their docks. He purposely dropped Estrella off last so he could talk to her. She hadn't said a word.

He knew he messed up. Bad.

They pull up to Estrella's dock. Before the boat could even fully stop, Estrella gets off.

"Wait, Star." He tries, but she ignores him and continues walking. He sighs before he quickly ties the boat off.