Dᴇᴀᴅ Cᴀʟᴍ

______________________________________

ɪ ᴜɴғᴏʀᴛᴜɴᴀᴛᴇʟʏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ғɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪғ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs sᴏ, ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇ
______________________________________

Sarah, Kiara, and Estrella all sat in the back of John B's van. The door was open as the boys sat outside trying to put the pulley system together.

"He said it looked something like this." Kie says as she holds out the paper. Pope drew a picture of what the system should look like.

"So..."

"That's 50 feet down, and they're using 100-feet rope. So I guess this little wagon will go..." Sarah laughs as Kie points to the drawing. "Straight to the gold room." Kie chuckles

"Who drew this ?" Sarah laughs

"Who do you think ?" Estrella says as Kie looks over and smiles at Pope.

"Kie ! This better work." JJ says walking over. He drops the bars of gold John B got onto the car floor. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."

"It's gonna work." Kie says holding up a blow torch.

______________________________________

Kie was able to melt the gold down. Although it looked like a giant blob, it was melted down enough for the wheat symbol to not be visible.

John B stops in front of the pawn shop. JJ opens the door and gets out first.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." He says as the others get out behind him.

"Like you could've done better." Kie scoffs

"I could have done much better actually. I took a welding class."

"You-"

"Whoa, whoa. Hey. Sh !"

"When ?"

"Chill out, okay ?" John B says

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off." JJ snaps, "How did I get this job anyway ?"

"Cause you're the best liar." Estrella shrugs. JJ rolls his eyes before entering the shop.

"Afternoon, ma'am." JJ says. The others spread out around the store, but they stay close enough to hear the conversation.

"Afternoon."

"I see you buy gold."

"That's what the sign say, don't it ?" She says. Estrella frowns at her attitude.

"Well, I sure hope you buy a lot of it, because I'm about to blow your mind."

"I ain't got much mind left to blow, so have at it."