Tʜᴇ Fᴏʀʙɪᴅᴅᴇɴ Zᴏɴᴇ (2)

______________________________________

John B stops and turns the van off in front of the country club.

"All right, keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines." JJ says as he pulls his gun out.

"Yo, come on, man. Just put it back." John B sighs

"What ?"

"JJ."

"You can never be too careful."

Pope gets out and stops by the passenger door. "Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve."

"Thank you, Pope." John B says

"I swear to God, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ. Put it back." Kie says before she gets out.

Estrella steps in front of Pope and grabs the gun out of JJ's hand before throwing it in the glove compartment.

"There you go." Pope says as they back up

"You can't grab a gun like that, Star." JJ says he digs around for his badge. "Can't forget my badge. Professional busboy."

JJ gets out and they all close the door before they follow him.

"So, where are we going now ?"

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now. This way !" He says

JJ leads them through the kitchen. "Andrew !"

"All right ?"

"What's up, bro ?"

"Mama L, good to see you !" He says as he reaches for food.

"Hey, no ! JJ !" She says smacking his hand.

"Mm-hm. See, they got the backup generators going ? Kooks don't miss a beat."

He leads them to a room full of working computers.

"Sweet Lord, the internet !" Pope says

"John B." Kie says

"I've missed you."

"Let me get in there. Gotta check out my Insta models."

"We don't have time for that, JJ." Estrella says sitting next to Pope.

"Go. Nah."

"Hey. Hey ! Hey !" John B says, "I got the map !"

"Coordinates, please ?"

"34° 57' 30 " north. 75° 55' 42" west." He says as Pope types in it. "Boom, continental shelf right there."

"Well, if it's off the deep end, it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt, is it ?" Pope says. John B sighs