II-30

The Prince continued diving into the wave of paperwork he had to finish. Since when did his duties become this many? Being the one next in line for the throne is really becoming a hassle.

He switches from paper to paper at lightning speed. But it still wasn't enough to finish it all in one day. He doesn't even understand what he'll do when he's Emperor. He knows he'll have to go through meetings about the borders and the trades. But what could he do other than those? The people of his empire depends on him. What change could he possibly make to their country?

Will he implement raising the minimum wage? He can't do that. Not without checking their budgets and other stuff that's probably important. He could fix up the capital? But then again. It would cost a lot of money. And their budget is pretty tight he thought. And it is. But what good could he possibly do for his people?

Prince Wilbur could have probably done better than him if Prince Wilbur was in the same situation as Prince Tommy. But Wilbur's not the crown prince. He is. Prince Tommy is.

He currently doesn't have any servant following him around. Since Quackity was only there because of the egg thing. And Tubbo on the other hand simply left them. Prince Tommy knowing fully that his best friend lied about what he said, still forgave him. Even if Tubbo doesn't know it. Because Tubbo was his best friend at some point. And he was greatful for it. But he wished that incident with Tubbo didn't happen at all. So that they'll still be friends.

But he can't do anything about the past now. He must think of what's happening in the present. And what he could do for the future. He knows that he'll probably get even more busier once he's Emperor. Meaning he would spend little to no time with his brothers. He doesn't want him and his brothers to drift away because of some position he got. He doesn't want the weight of the crown to pull him away from his brothers.

His gaze turned towards the window. It was night already. Meaning it was dark. Thanks to a magical clock he got from the Badlands, he was able to tell the exact time. It was midnight. Great. But he still hadn't finished 1/4 of the paperwork he has to do. And then he has to be on a meeting with the designers for the coronation day tomorrow at 8am sharp. 6 hours of sleep would do him fine. If he didn't have more paperwork that was due the next day!

He stood up from his desk. And headed towards his door. And opened it. Looking from left to right for a servant he could ask. And there it is. A servant going towards his area. He calls out to the servant at the moment they were in front of his door.

"Uhm hello. Can I ask a favor? I know it's late and all." The Prince starts. The servant stated for a few seconds before they registered that they were faced with the crown prince.

"What do you need your majesty?" They simply replied after calming down. They were probably scared that they were faced with Prince Tommy this late at night.

"Could you please get me two cups of coffee from the kitchen please?" He asked the servant.

"Ahh. Of course your majesty." They bowed and left.

The Prince closed the door in satisfaction. The servant was most likely new. And they didn't know that policy that his brothers put up to never give Prince Tommy caffeine at any time pass 11pm. They said it was so he had a good rest. Away from his work. But Prince Tommy guessed that no one told the new guy. Because they did it instantly without hesitation.

He sat back down onto his chair. And continues doing what he was doing earlier. Read and sign the paperwork. He doesn't enjoy doing it. But he knows that this would do his country good. He doesn't care about what he may seem to others, as long as he is still doing the right thing. Whether they know it or not.

A knock echoed. It had come from his door. "Come in." He said. And then the servant from earlier had come in and provided him with what he had asked. Two cups of coffee. He of course smelled it's aroma. And gave a genuine smile.

"Thank you, you may leave now." He stated. The servant seemed satisfied that they had pleased the crown prince. And oh boy they did. Because they just broke the policy because he has asked them to do it. Once the servant left. He chugged the first cup slowly. He doesn't want to burn his tongue. He continued doing the paperwork between sips of the drink full of caffeine.

He read over all of them before signing them off. He had to. What if something was there that wasn't good and he just approves it without knowing himself what he had done. He cannot forgive himself if he signs something with malicious content written all over it. That would be wrong and unjust. After reading over 39 papers. He finishes the first cup.

He then proceeds to the second cup. And did the same thing as the first. He had finished 57 more when he had finished it. But he still wasn't halfway through his paperwork. But 467 was a start? He continued doing the same thing until it was 4:56 AM. It was then the time he slept. And immediately woke up at 6:00 AM. He barely got himself to get out of his bed with only an hour of sleep. He's going to get used to this. One way or another.

- - - - - - -
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

This is your Author E11a_N1c3, wishing you all an amazing day!