II-34

Previously;

They had gotten the reservation easier than others for they are the royal family. They were apparently V.I.P.'s. They had told him that having the royal family as their client was a huge honor. He arrived and headed inside for their meeting. He knew this was going to be dull and boring. As it always is. But he doesn't have a choice but to do this and continue his miserable life as an Emperor of their empire. Which is the most respected empire in the land!

--

Currently:

The meeting had ended. And the Prince walked towards the library along with his newest servant. He had recognized the guy as the one that gave him two cups of coffee past 11:00 pm the previous night. He just hopes that he won't get fired for simply following orders. Besides. What's the point anyway. He isn't even going to talk to him. Unless the Prince is the one starting the conversation. The servant is probably slightly scared to talk to him because that could risk his job. Yeah that's it.

He stopped on his tracks and turned his gaze towards the servant behind him.

"Clay wasn't it?" The crown prince asked. Seeing as the servant was shocked that the crown prince even talked to him. He didn't respond. After a few moments he simply nodded.

"How come you applied for this job? You do have knowledge regarding what happened with my past two servants." Prince Tommy asked, jokingly. He is genuinely happy about the fact that he is accompanied around by people again. Who are not supposed to leave him, unless he is ordered, quit, and fired.

"It was the only job I could apply to according to the necessary skills needed to possess such role in this fine palace of yours, your highness." He answered the question that the crown prince had been asking himself throughout their encounter. But something about the man's voice just sounded so familiar to the crown prince. He shrugged the feeling off. He can't have another servant's relationship with the royals go down the wrong path. He can't, he just cannot let that happen.

"Ahhh. I see. May we head to my room first before heading over to the royal library? I have forgotten to check on something." The Prince politely asked the servant.

"Oh your highness. I could check on that for you. I do not wish for your schedule to go unfollowed. That would be very bad, if it were to happen." Clay responded. Staring at the Yu young prince who was to be the Emperor. Clay is waiting for a response. An order or command he would receive from the crown prince themselve.

"Oh no. I have to do it myself, Clay. It is... Personal." The Prince immediately replied. He can't let the man know that he's stashing plans for what he calls to be the demise of the well known eggpire. His brothers and the Kingdom of the Badlands are speaking about it yesterday. And could have been doing it at this very moment. He needed to put his part in this problem they are facing.

"I guess we could squish about 15 minutes of that. Shall we go your highness?" Clay checked the schedule for stuff he could manipulate. He found out that he could simply remove 30 minutes from the library quiet time. Which usually lasts 2 hours. And now lasts only 1 hour and 30 minutes. Good enough as he said so himself.

The Prince smiled at the man joyfully. He knew he could trust the man to find out a solution to their problem. Clay looked very resourceful. As his file said so himself.

They walked towards the path directing to the crown prince's hall. Where his quarters would be located. The two chatted every on in a while during the walk towards it. There were also times when they were quiet. When no one would make any kind of sound. It made the moment feel awkward. But in someone's mind, it was worth it.

Passed through the hallways filled of the same designs over and over again... Clay wondered if the crown prince ever got bored by the fact that almost everything looks identical to another room. The same table with the same type of plant placed beside the wall. Repeating through every hallway. It made him sick of it. He was sick of the design and almost everything. He doesn't even understand how the Prince doesn't even complain about it. The most likely choice would be that he had gotten used to it. But who knows really? Maybe he's just keeping his emotions and opinions hidden. Lashing out would definitely ruin his reputation. Not for good. But it would really put a stain that's very hard to remove. Like slime. It would stick and dry up. Sometimes it spreads out. Sometimes it becomes messy. But in the end, you would simply scoop it up and easily remove the problems that came with it.

He just hopes his mistakes, his regrets, is just as easy to clean as water spilled onto the table. It could simply be wiped off and tampered with or just leave it alone to dry up by itself. Anything could happen. He just hopes it wouldn't be bad.

- - - - - -

I hope you guys liked this chapter!

This is your Author, E11a_N1c3, wishing you all an amazing day!