III-45

The empire so dull and empty. Dread and sorrow engulfing the land. Those who do not follow, those who dares to try and take a stand. Will meet their doom. The towns so quiet. Its once joyful aura had been striped away the moment Prince Tommy became Emperor Thomas/Emperor Theseus. The townsfolk was told before the coronation that the youngest wanted to be called King instead of Emperor for it does not suit his style. And that he wanted to be just like his father. But all of that quickly changed. 

One second they were all so happy to have a new ruler the next... not so much. The Emperor had declared that those who do not tolerate the Egg must be thrown in the dungeon for all eternity. But why must he do such a thing. Has power corrupted the child's mind? 

But none of them know what lies beneath the doors of the throne room. Those who have been there was either a person with high ranks or just someone whose about to be thrown into the dungeon. No one wanted to displease or disobey their ruler. It would have serious consequences. 

"Please! Your Majesty! Your Highness! Please forgive me for what I've done." They plead. Tears threaten to fall from their eyes.

"Why should I? You have done something bad. Something I cannot forgive even in a million years!" The Emperor shouted. 'Such an annoyance' he thought. Why was the Emperor this cruel. This evil. 

'He was nice before. Is he corrupted? by power? But he is so young. He is young and gullible. Someone must be tricking him. right? There's nothing else. It's either someone is tricking him or he is actually this evil.' The villager thought. 

"Please King Tommy! Please have mercy!" They pleaded once more.

The Emperor pause and stared at his subject. Everyone went quiet, even the villager. 'Did I do something to upset him even more?' The villager thought. Fearing for what might happen to them. 

The Emperor groaned. "Why does my head hurt so much?" King Tommy whispered. His quiet voice echoed throughout the castle. His eyes darted towards the villager in front of him.

"What's happening? Why are you crying? Is something wrong?" He asked. The villager was confused. 

'Why is he suddenly becoming nice? That's a good thing. But it felt weird. He was being evil a second ago, now he's being nice. Is he trying to tried me?' 

"You were going to send me to the dungeons..." They whisper in response. The child was shocked. How could he even do such a thing. He isn't that cruel. 

"What? Why would I send someone to the dungeons? Did you commit murder or something?" King Tommy asked the villager. The villager was even more dumbfounded. Why is the Emperor suddenly being nice? He was mean a second ago..

"No. I accidentally broke a blood vine from the egg..." They replied sadly. 

"Wait egg? No. No. No. Its happening all over again." The King panicked. 

"What is?" The villager asked.

"The egg.  Its using me again." Loud footsteps came from the right. 

"Oh no. He's coming. Find my brothers. Tell them the only way to stop it is to stop Dream." Loud banging the was heard. 

"You have to go now!" The King shouted. The villager immediately set to running away. They were almost at the exit when they turned around to see what really happened inside the castle. 

"Oh, Hi Tommy. Didn't think you would be able to fight the egg after all." Dream's voice spoke. He immediately turned towards the villager at the exit. 

"I see you're letting them escape. We can't let that happen. Can we?" The villager immediately ran out and Dream frowned form underneath his mask. 

"You won't win this Dream. They will stop  you." The King told the man. 

"Maybe you need another session with your friend, Dream." He smiled.

"Sorry but I don't think I have a friend named Dream. Its a stupid name really." Tommy joked. Laughing as hard and as loud as he possibly could.

Dream raised his hand and the King immediately stopped laughing. Their eyes glowed of lime Green. Something was wrong. Something was happening. The once laughing King turned into the heartless Emperor.

"Dream. What are you doing here?" He asked his... 'friend'.

"You accidentally let them escape your majesty. But we will find them." Dream replied. Bowing down slightly.

"hm. Okay then. I shall take my leave for the day. I will be in my quarters if you need me. Dream, you're in charge while I'm resting. Good day." The Emperor left.

Villager POV

What did I just witness? The King. He's being used? controlled? I need to find his brothers. They need to know what he wanted to say. I must go. If I we're fleeing the empire, where woul I go...

Definitely not in the villages. Maybe in the borders. Yeah. Through the forest I shall go then. I have to do this. For Amethyst Empire, For my Family, For my friends, And for the throne's safety.

- - - - - - - - - - - 

This is your Author, E11a_N1c3, wishing you all an amazing day!