Monday came.

Zane's POV: I've spent three days with them now. I know these guys pretty well. "Ugh!" Jay moans, getting out of his room. "Why is it Monday!? I have such a bad headache!" "That's what you get for drinking." I say. I was surprised by how when we got home, Cole and Jay had a drinking match. "Zane, can you just get all my work for me?" He begs. "Nope, I will not." He sighs, and basically melts to the ground. I put down my white, button up shirt. "What is that?" Jay asks. "Oh, I'm embroidering teal stones and sequins on my shirt." He looks at it, admiring. "Do it with one of my black button-ups and blue gems!" He says. I laugh. "When I finish this one!" "Awww, ok." I ruffle his hair. 

Cole comes out of his room. He's already dressed. He puts a piece of bread in the toaster and grabs a guacamole container. After four minutes he's out the door. I look at Jay confused. "Oh! The health checks today. Unfortunately for Cole, his is one of the first, being a senior and having a B in his last name." "Ah, ok then." I reply.

He grabs a bottle of nail polish. He finishes his non-dominant hand and I ask "need help?" He smiles. "Sure! Man, what I wouldn't give to be ambidextrous like Kai!" I laugh at that. Well, that's another thing to add onto my list about stuff I know about my roommates. 

Eventually, Kai gets up and walks out. He's wearing no black, which is incredibly surprising, to say the least, to see. He's in a white crop top with short sleeves, white arm warmers with little flames sprinkled on it, and red sweat pants. He doesn't have any nose piercings in or hair gel in his hair. It's a shock for me to see.

"Man, I haven't seen you dressed like that in a while!" Jay says, in a tone that's seductive but also in awe. "The white converse as well?" Lloyd says, coming out. "Y-yeah, uh..." He says blushing. Suddenly Jay jumps up. He gasps. "YOU HAVE FRECKLES!?" He asks, almost stimming by jumping up and down. Kai turns more red. "The Health Lady sort of hates when people wear makeup." "Oh, I see then, Kai, but it doesn't explain the outfit." He looks away, ears red at that point. "Lloyd made the shirt for me and Cole wanted to match." He looks at Jay and I. "If you want to, you guys can join in, Zane. It's just fluffy sweat pants that aren't black." He tells us "Oh, I'll wear the yellow ones then!" Jay says. "The ones that look like pee!?" Lloyd exclaims. "Oh, fuck no! I burned those, I'm wearing more of an electric yellow one!" Kai slung his backpack over a shoulder. "Well, I'll get going! She put me in a Senior-S position instead of junior because of other reasons...." Jay nods. "See you at training!" Jay says. He smiles. "You as well." 

Jay drags himself around the house for a while. "Imagine caring about how she sees your health!" The emotions I feel in that moment are mostly those of concern. "Are you ok Jay." He pauses, takes a deep breath, and is back to the normal, happy, not a care in the world voice. "I'm fine, trust me, just not that excited! I'll be ok though! Are you going to be ok is the better question, isn't this your first time?" He says, emphasizing the your. "I, unfortunately, had to do health checks once a week back when I was younger..." 

Jay's POV: I, unfortunately, had to do heath checks once a week back when I was younger..." He says. I stare at him in shock. "For powers or health" He starts. "Both. I didn't grow up the best." He says. "What was your childhood like then?" I ask. He sighs. "You know the amount of medicine I brought with me?" I nod. "I have some weird thing where I was granted to throw up on my mucous as a child. It isn't cystic fibrosis, strangely enough. They don't know what it is." I nod, eyes full of shock. "I needed to have surgeries to see stuff, and they thought my power was making it worse. Turns out they were wrong, and the ice helped it." "You keep saying they, who's they, your doctors?" He looks down. "No, my father's captors. Samukai. Yes, the bone guy on the news. We escaped after he trained me to use my powers. We changed our legal names and moved constantly. He found my dad and took him somewhere. I got a job babysitting, saved money, and found Principal Wu. He decided to take me in, he said I was similar to his nephew, Lloyd." He blushes. "He told me there was a recently opened dorm in his area and let me join, for half the price of admissions." Zane tugs at the skull shirt he was wearing. "Turns out Samukai works for Lord Garmadon." Lloyd gives Zane a hug. "Garmadon is using Samuki for his plans, and Samuki's engineer, I'm going to guess is your dad." Zane nods, almost sinking into the hug. 

I join in. We sit like that for around ten minutes. "Shouldn't we get ready?" Zane asks. Lloyd doesn't want to. He angrily groans. I get off of them. "Noooo!" Lloyd complains. "Why not?" Zane asks. "They're doing them in pairs this year, and I got assigned to Brad!" 

We eventually convince him to get ready. He puts on neon purple sweat pants, a black crop top, and of course, platforms. Combat boots this time though. He puts lotion on his face and doesn't put makeup on. I was going to wear it to mine, but Zane told me I shouldn't. I wanted to fight at first, but eventually I just gave up. I put the makeup in my backpack, knowing I'd forget about it and headed out.