Mexican Restaurant (There's a huge time jump here...)

Jay's POV: Today is April 19th. The last day for an Arie's birthday.

Kai's birthday.

He loves Mexican food. Spicy food. Red 40 is in all his go to snacks.

He wants to eat at a restaurant one of these days. Cole and I planned it. Eating in a restaurant is something he's done twice. One time he was made fun of. One time, he threw up.

He's only ever dined in at a Five Guys. We have a reservation about 2 hours after training ends.

I watch him. He's currently up against his sister. They're getting pretty competitive.... they've also been arguing about Taki flavors this entire time...

"Fuego!" "Blue Heat!" "Fuego!" "Blue Heat!" over and over with different reasons each time.

"Your flavor has six calories more than mine!" Nya eventually shout. This angers Kai rather than upsets him. His powers grow stronger and eventually he knocks his sister over. Luckily, Wu got everyone power proof outfits, so Nya isn't harmed by the fire.

"Happy birthday, brother, you've successfully won. Anyways, I got you a gift." She says. "What?" He asks. "THIS!" She shouts, blasting water in his face. He glares, then they burst out laughing. "I got you an actual gift, I'll give it to you after training." She says. Kai smiles. "You didn't have too, but thank you sis!" He hugs her. Wu comes in smiling.

I don't think anything could ruin Kai's day.

After training, his sister gives him a bag with a necklace, a fancy top-blouse-kinda-dress thingy, and he gets three bags of takis from her (2 Fuego and 1 blue heat). He hugs his sister, crying.

When we get back to our room, he collapses on the couch. "Ok, so I actually get to do something today for my birthday, the question is what... it's a Friday night and-" "MAIL!" The mailman calls. It's the normal things, like college, some of us get letters from our parents, magazines and coupons, stuff like that. "Oh, and there's this, for Kai." "A package?" He asks, taking it. "Woah, no way!"

"What?" I ask, coming over. "Siena sent it!" Kai says. It's got some bags of her lollies in it, a black, cool-looking container with a flame design, and a letter.

"Dear Kai, Happy Birthday! I hope this letter finds you well. I'm happy you're not in here for your birthday this year, but I made you some lollies regardless. There should be four flavors, strawberry, regular mango, a mango one with tajin, and of course, blue raspberry for you and Jay to share. I was thrifting recently and found this container that made me think of you. I figured I should give it to you, because even though you and I talked about it, you definitely haven't made a fear food jar. I feel you should know that you are doing better now compared to a few years ago. I was interning when you were first visiting this place, and I saw you, bone thin and skin a yellow tint. I met with you that second time, and you were crushed by the world. I hope you the best, and even though you likely won't have a cake yet, maybe you'll have a churro to blow out a candle on. Have a good rest of your day, and keep on pushing!

I can't help but smile at her letter. "Now do you wanna tell them?" I ask, watching him pick up the jar. "Tomorrow, I promise." He says. "I'm going to keep a tab on you about that." I tell him. "What is it?" Cole asks. "Tomorrow." I say.

"Now, we've got something else we have to do. Wanna tell him?" I say, raising an eyebrow at Cole. "Oh, yeah, uh, Kai, we kinda, sorta.... Made a reservation for you at a place called Cena de Buena Comida.... And uh... it's for five people." "Wait, really!?" He asks. "What do I wear!? What do I do!?" "Well, since this is a nicer, fancier, restaurant, dress nice. "Wait, I'm going to wear what my sister made me!" He exclaims. I smile. "He's so panicked out of his mind and excited to the point where he's gonna piss himself on the way there." Cole says. "Nah, he's not gonna piss himself, he's gonna fall getting dressed, in 3... 2... 1..." "OW!" He exclaims. "Wow, You were right." Lloyd says. "Ok, now we have to get dressed!" I remind, jabbing Zane in the rib with my elbow. "Ow, but, I will comply."