Tackling Forward.

Zane's POV: The two of them were home. Kai looked healthy. He'd gained weight and was smiling. Jay's smile looked different. I'm going to make an educated assumption he'd often fake his smile. 

The other four were hugging for a while until Jay said "you too, icey new boy!" I approached the others and was welcomed into a warm, tight, and loving embrace. 

"We need to have a celebratory dinner!" I expressed to them. "Oh, how about chicken tikka masala?" Jay asks. Cole laughs. "Sure, blue-Jay." "We should go and get the ingredients!" Kai says. We all look at him. Well, Jay laughs, but otherwise, we all stare. "Maybe you two should change and shower! You smell gross." Lloyd jokes. "We weren't allowed to shower or use deodorant. Like we were going to drown ourselves or eat it." Jay complains. "No, you just didn't want to shower." "WE COULD ONLY SHOWER WITH THE BALD DUDE WHO GAVE OFF CREEPY VIBES!" "Hageman wouldn't do that! He has a wife and after you've walked in on them fucking, it really is weird to think he'd fuck me." Jay cringes. "Oh, ok then..." 

I laugh. "Their arguments are so funny." I say. Cole smiles. "Yeah, I missed their old-married-couple-like bickering." He replies. 

No One's POV: The two took their shower, helping each other with hair and helping each other clean sweaty backs. "Oh, it feels so good to not be watched! I'll give you that." Kai told Jay. 

The two finished showering and got dressed in outfits they picked out. "Uh, Jay, uh, I think I need new clothes." Jay laughed. "We'll get you some. THAT. IS. GOOD. THOUGH. Jay says. "I know." Kai says. 

"Zane, you have any spare shirts Kai can borrow?" Jay asks when they walk out. "WAIT, OMG! DID MY BABY OUTGROW A SIXE EXTRA SMALL!?" Cole asked. Kai nodded nervously. Jay and Cole smiled. "They sized him up twice in scrubs, showing someone clearly wasn't eating enough." Jay said. "Oh, and you haven't?" Kai asked. "Hey, I got more than JUST hoodies oversized, so my shirts actually fit me." The two laugh. "Do your parents know about this?" Zane asks after giving Kai a shirt. "What. That I went there and got diagnosed with more than ADHD, OCD, CD and had seventy seven seizures in three months? Yeah, no thank you." Jay says. Zane stares. "What?" He asked. "Oh, shit, we forgot to tell him..." Jay says. 

Kai and Jay sit on the couch with Zane. Jay takes Zane's hands. "Zane, I should have told you earlier, but when I was two years old, I was diagnosed with epilepsy." Zane gasps. "When my powers started activating, they stoped happening more and more. My powers have probably stoped me dying from Sudep like twelve times." Jay says. "Sudep?" Zane asks confused. "Sudden death by epilepsy." Jay says. "The only ones that happen seem minor but are actually extreme. I guess having lightning powers calms down the seizing. It's like electrotherapy almost." Zane nods. 

The pause for a minute.

 "Anyways, sorry to make this awkward, but we have a research project to finish." Jay laughs. "What's it on?" He asks. "Electric Currents in the Brain." Zane says. Jay falls on the ground laughing so hard he had tears well up in his eyes. "It's actually pretty hard." Zane says. That only made Jay laugh louder. Cole, Kai, and Lloyd all started to laugh as well. Zane joined in a minute later. 

"I can help, don't worry." Jay said when he'd finally calmed down. "Now... Chicken tikka masala!" Jay said, in a threatening voice. "Ok, to Cole's car!" Lloyd said. "We're walking" Cole sighed. Lloyd complained but they still walked to no avail.

The five got to the store. Lloyd was clinging to Cole the second they'd gotten a few blocks away from their school. "Woah, what's this?" Cole asked. "While I've gotten comfortable around the school, I don't feel that well in public. This clingy behavior is how I often acted around Sally, since she always dragged me to the mall." Cole nodded. Kai held Lloyd's hand. Lloyd flinched before realizing it was Kai, then he sighed a breath of relief.