Water Works

Kai's: Jay and Lloyd are both drinking hot chocolate when I enter the house. Lloyd and Jay seem kinda tense. "Oh, hey, Cole." Jay says, seeing me. "Seizure?" I ask. He nods. "I-It was o-only short... like 20-ish seconds." Lloyd tells me, still shaking from it. 

I look away. "Ok, well, as long as it's over for now." Cole says. "It probably is. We were watching an episode of the Starfarer show and the lights started to get pretty intense." "I know, I think my seizures have to be getting worse, because I could watch Incredibles 2 no problem." 

"Kai, you want a snack?" Cole asks. "Oh, no thank you. I'm not hungry." I lie. To be honest, I really want a snack after ballroom. "You're not fooling anyone." Jay says. "Zane got baby carrots and hummus, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you had some." He sees right through me. "Ok." I say, dropping my bag and going into the kitchen. Cole scoops some hummus into a tiny bowl and grabs a bag of baby carrots. I force a smile then grab a carrot. I dip it in the hummus and chew slowly.

"What's in hummus?" Cole asks. "Oh, you know, chickpeas, tahini, garlic, some lemon, and olive oil." Zane says, entering the room. I stop chewing at that last word and swallow. Olive oil. Oil. I walk out of the room. "Kai, wait, what are you-"

A tear rolls down my cheek. "Kai?" Lloyd asks. "W-what's up?" I ask, voice wavering. Shit, stupid voice. "Kai, there are only 39 calories in hummus." Jay says. "S-scuse me." I say, running to the bathroom.

I throw up. I didn't even force it. I just.... did. I was so grossed out by my own self, I puked. It was mostly stomach acid. Jay, Cole, and Zane run into the room. I cry.

"I'M SORRY!" I scream. "I didn't even force it this time!" I watch as Jay and Cole stare at each other in concern. Zane looks away. 

"Are you perhaps disgusted by something you've done?" He asks, bringing his eyes back to me. "No, well... yes... I guess I'm disgusted by myself." "Ohh, Kai...." Jay says, coming over to me and hugging me. "We aren't disgusted by you, baby." Cole says. The tears come back. Zane's aura turns scary, as if he's ready to kill. "Who made you think this, who started teasing you?" He asks. "Just some stupid middle schoolers, well, they're highschoolers now." I reply. "Names?" He asks. "I was a bit of a wallflower, I mean, I didn't have parents and was basically a father to my sister, so I don't know. I only knew her, Skylor, and this girl who we don't talk to anymore. I had powers though, so I was known by everyone." Zane takes a deep breath and comes in. "Kai, I'm so sorry that happened."

"Can I come in?" Lloyd asks. "Sure, buddy." I say. "I made you some mango tea." I force a smile and take a sip. It's spicy. He must have added Tajín in. I kiss him on the cheek. He rests his head on my shoulder. "You're so pretty." He whispers. The tears start again. I squint my eyes shut.

"Ssshhhh" Jay says, wiping a tear off my cheek. Then Lloyd starts crying, softly. "Awww, here come the water works." He says, bringing a hand to his mouth. He sniffles. 

"Aww, don't cry!" Cole says, sitting next to Jay. Zane follows and sits by Lloyd. 

The three of us cry it out, while Zane and Cole join us. Blowing our noses with toilet paper, letting the air freshener thingy's sent enter our noses. I smile through my tears and take another sip of the tea.