𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

EVANGELINA
—————————

It was not the late December weather that made me shiver, but the fear of the man beside me.

Asahi Ikarashi.

A name that was a whisper in our house.

Someone that my dad was somehow afraid of. I don't know what my dad did to him but I'm sure it was not something good.

Sometimes I wondered if he was actually real or just a myth. My dad has never seen him. My brother has never seen him. And I wish I never saw him.

Because seeing him was definitely not good. The moment I realized that I ran into the devil's hands, my body felt like it was wrapped up in a shadow and pulled into the abyss of darkness.

The kindness that I saw in his eyes half an hour ago, transformed into the evilest wrath.

Maybe it was the naiveness in me but I thought that maybe, maybe someone really was willing to help me. Oh, I was wrong. So wrong.

The Ikarashi family was well known in the underworld. The only thing was that, no one really had any encounter with them. They only appeared when they wanted, they were seen when they wanted to be seen.

They were like shadows. Only lurking around, not letting anyone catch them.

Dad always warned us about them but I never really knew who they were. I only knew the tattoo. I always studied tattoos of different Mafia families. Call it one of my side hobbies. I knew every single one of them.

This one, this one terrified me the most.

Beautiful tattoo yet it brings out the hidden fear in me. Fear of being taken away. Dad made sure to keep me away from all of this. Being taken away by your family's enemy was the worst faith a person can have in our world.

Especially if you were a girl.

I always thought that my Dad's enemies were mainly because of stolen weapons, money, drugs, and other valuable possessions. Dad loved to steal from people. It was one of the sick games he liked to play.

This time I knew it was something more sinister. I never knew what my Da was capable of and it scared me.

He never cared for his other enemies only the Ikarashi family.

He usually paid them back somehow. Giving them land, some more valuable things he owned. Sometimes I think that Dad loved the thrill of getting people pissed off. Especially the other Mafia families.

On the other hand. The Ikarashi's. It was something bone-chilling every time he would mention them.

I don't think the Ikarashi were even a Mafia family. From what I got to know, they mostly dealt with eliminating people or just doing dirty work. Dad always talked about how rich they were and how many valuable possessions they had.

As I said, Dad was addicted to the thrill of stealing from others.

My body stayed still, wrapped up in his coat. Now it just made me cold, not a single bone in my body felt any type of warmness.