𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

ASAHI
————————

It has been three days since Lina settled in the house,... I as well.

She has had a smile on her face the whole time. I never knew that all of this would make her this happy.

The whole time she has been redecorating the rooms, trying to find what she likes the most. She also rearranged her books a couple of times, admiring them.

Sometimes I would catch her sitting by the windows and looking at the beach while smiling to herself.

At night she likes to spend the time outside on the terrace. She would make us a drink and then we would sit there, discussing about her new ideas for the stories she wanted to write, she would also talk about the books she read.

I loved how passionate she was about it.

I'll do everything in my power to make her dreams come true.

We learned so much about each other and I wanted to know even more. Having her next to me when we go to sleep and having her in my arms was something I dreamed of. And my dreams were finally becoming reality.

After closing the emails, I threw the phone on the bed and got out of the bedroom. When I woke up this morning Lina was not in bed. So I quickly took a shower and went through my emails.

Walking down the hallway, I heard a faint sound of music in the kitchen.

There she was. Evangelina was by the kitchen island and was crafting someone on a small, what looked like a cake.

Her hair was in a messy ponytail and a few strands falling down her forehead. She had a very thin sweater on that exposed one of her shoulders.

Her bottom lip was tucked between her lips, her eyebrows pinched together. She was concentrated on her work. I walked to where she was.

"Morning." She said as soon as she spotted me making my way towards her. A radiant smile formed on her lips. I loved seeing her like this. She was more comfortable and seemed to be more at ease with each passing day.

"Morning, baby." I greeted her and stood behind her. I rested my head on her shoulder and sneaked my arms around her waist. Her sweet apple-scented perfume was all around us.

"What are you making?"

"A cake. There were strawberries left in the fridge and I thought I could use them. I saw this recipe online and here it is." Humming, I stayed behind her while she decorated the cake covered with white frost.

She was cutting the strawberries in heart shapes and carefully placing them on it.

She has been preparing breakfast for us every day since we were here. Saying that she has to make it up to me. Honestly, if she let me I would cook for her and even feed her myself but no, she wanted to cook herself.

"I have some news for you." Stopping with her work, Lina turned around while tilting her head to look at me.

"What?"

"Let me kiss you first." I leaned down and pressed my lips on hers. Her arms went around my neck and she lifted herself on her tiptoes.

I could never get tired of kissing her. Her lips, her soft whimpers, and her delicate skin were addicting.

We pulled back and she grinned at me, her face painted in a soft pink color.

"I was invited to a wedding. My friend Marco is getting married soon." Marco was getting married in two weeks. Because I didn't go to his engagement, I thought that it would at least be good to attend the wedding. We had been partners for years now and I wanted to be there.