𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

EVANGELINA
—————————

It has been two days since Asahi has let me roam around the house. At least I was not just in the room all the time. It was suffocating.

I've been in the kitchen with Fumiko almost all of my time. I help her with the food, it was the only thing I could do.

If I'm not doing that, then I'm in the living room by the windows watching the animals play around in the snow. Sometimes I even get inspiration to write and continue with my story of Azail and Mila.

It's hard to write on paper but it's the only way. I don't have a computer and I have already started writing the story in my notebook. So I will try and finish some of it here as well.

It's not very easy to get inspired when you're stuck here. I can't even go outside. Okay, when I was at home I also wasn't allowed to go outside without Dad or Jovan. Only if they were with me I was able to go in the yard and enjoy some of the freedom I had.

Being stuck inside the whole time wasn't pleasant even though I enjoyed being alone writing, reading and learning new stuff. Everything I could learn.

I wanted to have the freedom of going outside when I wanted. And to be able to go on my own. Sometimes it was easy to bribe some of the guards, to give them food or something and they would have let me outside. But that was mostly at night.

And at night, I was only able to watch the stars which was okay with me.

We mostly had breakfast and lunch out in the yard when the weather was good. But again it was with my parents and Jovan and never alone.

I begged Dad to buy me a swing chair but he didn't. He ignored my request. Like always.

"What did you add to that?" I asked when I escaped my thoughts about home.

"Little bit of orange juice," Fumiko said while stirring the mixture for the cupcakes. She decided to make them for me after I told her how much I love them.

"I love chocolate and orange flavor together." I hummed and watched her do her magic.

"Same. I love those Jaffa cakes when I tried them, that's how I came up with this idea for the cupcakes. Isamu also likes them." She added the last part with a quieter voice. Fumiko really did have a crush on him but it was hard for her to admit. I guess it was because they are workers here and she might think that she's not allowed to have those thoughts about him.

"Sir doesn't like oranges though."

"For him, you should add maybe a little bit of poison." Her eyes widened and she lifted her head to me.

"Poison you say?" A voice spoke behind me. Not him being here exactly when I said the words. Couldn't he be like somewhere else?

Slowly, I turned around.

He was standing by the island, his hands folded in front of him. Making his biceps flex. For once he was dressed differently. He had a black very, I mean very tight-fitting t-shirt that showed all of his defined muscles. His legs were covered in black sweatpants that clanged to his thighs.

His hair was damp and pushed back. The thin chain was dangling around his neck.

He looked...

Okay stop it Evangelina and don't go there.

I didn't say anything just stood there like I didn't know what he was talking about.

His jaw clenched and his eyes averted to Fumiko who had her head bowed down in respect but also in fear because of what he heard. It was not her fault. She didn't say anything about him.