𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

ASAHI
————————

Sweat trickled down my forehead and fell down my face.

I threw another punch at the bag and I watched it swing from the ceiling, basically flying away from me. When it slowly started to stay in its place, I threw another punch. This time the bag almost broke from its chain.

I have been in the gym for the past two hours and my body is aching.

So much has happened that I was slowly losing my sanity.

Why did I think it would be a good idea to kiss her? I couldn't help myself but do it. There was something about Evangelina that was pulling me to her every single second of the day.

The way she felt in my arms... It's like she belongs there. That night when I heard her scream, I almost lost it. I thought that something happened to her and it made me go crazy.

These feelings should not be present. They don't belong in my heart.

Feeling like this about my enemy's daughter was never in the plan. I knew Evangelina from before, I have seen her in the past. Yes, she was fucking beautiful, but having her here so close to me proved to me that she was far away from being like her family.

She just wanted to achieve her dreams and yet I was here stopping her from doing that. I was keeping her for my own gain and she didn't even know why.

She didn't know why I was after her family.

She deserved to know but I'm afraid that the truth will ruin her. And what will happen when she finds out what I have in mind? She'll hate me even more than she does now. Just like every person in that situation wound.

I had to let her go after I deal with everything. No matter how I feel, she deserves to have freedom. To go wherever she planned to go. And do whatever she dreamed of doing.

Extending my hands, I took hold of the punching bag and made it stay in its place. I took off the boxing gloves and threw them on the floor, the tapes were the next one.

My body was covered in sweat and my hair was sticking on my forehead. I pushed it back, combing my fingers through it.

I needed a shower.

Walking to the bathroom, I stripped from all of my clothes and stepped into the shower stall. I didn't care that the water was cold, my mind was not there.

Washing myself quickly, I got out, wrapping a towel around my waist.

I'll have to finish some paperwork and then I'll visit Grandpa. I can't be here, in the same house as her, and not go and see her. She's constantly around and it's hard to ignore her or avoid meeting her.

I dried my hair with another fluffy towel and then went to the closet I had in the gym. I picked up a casual outfit and it was time to go to the office and deal with the papers.

We had a deal with Marco Botticelli. He was getting married and he had to get extra protection for his wedding day. The Gallagher's were after the bride's family and he couldn't risk something happening before he made an alliance with Giordano's. Gallagher was specifically after Marcela because he wanted to marry her.

Isamu has been dealing with almost everything now that I have another problem to solve. Sergei Dimitriev.

We have to make a plan soon and meet with him. This can't go on forever. Even though my stomach clenches at the thought of letting go of Evangelina, I have to do this. I have been waiting for years. Also, Evangelina deserves to leave and live on her own conditions.