𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

ASAHI
———————

The clock ticked on the wall. It was 2:38 pm.

I tapped the silver pen on the wooden table and flipped it between my fingers.

The numbers and the words were blurring in front of my eyes and I took a deep breath, leaning my back on the leather chair.

Closing my eyes, I let the comfortable chair swallow my tens body.

I finally did it. I was finally able to do what I was waiting for years. For years I've been yearning for this moment.

She was in my hands. Little Evangelina literally ran in my hands unknowingly. Her eyes when she realized, will forever be imprinted in my mind. The shock she felt through her body.

She's taken it a lot better than I thought. I'll give her that.

I didn't even know that she was planning all of it. It was not in my intentions to get what I wanted through her, but I admit that it was in my backup plans. I knew Evangelina very well even though from our interaction, I assumed she didn't know me.

No one from her family knows me.

The first time I saw Evangelina was two years ago. The Botticelli's were hosting an event for their son, Marco. He was a good friend of mine. He didn't exactly know what I had in mind with his other friends Jovan and Sergei Dimitriev.

Marco was a ruthless fucker and I don't think he cares about them. It's just a business after all.

Evangelina though. It was the first time she appeared by her Dad's side. Or at least the first time in the same room as me.

She looked clueless, with her doe eyes wandering around she was like a rabbit in a place full of hungry wolves.

Her sinful body was covered in a red dress that clanged to every curve and every dip of her figure. Her long hair was down her back and flowing around her delicate shoulders. She didn't leave her Mom's side, Jovan's and Sergei's eyes never left her.

Nor did mine or anyone else.

She was everyone's dream that night but my personal nightmare.

Her whole family was.

Because of them, my life was wrapped up in a black cloth with no light coming through. It was suffocating me and sucked the air out of my lungs till it left me a hallow, empty man.

But I was finally going to get back what belongs to my family. What belongs to my grandpa.

Sergei will pay for what he did. He will pay it with open arms when he finds out that I have his precious daughter who is his ticket to a better position. I heard that he was planning to marry her off to Paolo Sánchez.

A Don whose wife died a couple of years ago. A sleazy bastard, not a bone in his body was made for him to be a boss.

He lacked everything a leader should have but his family was well known and respected because of his father. He offered Sergei an alliance, protection in exchange for his daughter's hand. Sergei knows damn well that one day I was going to get him and end his family. Making business deals with everyone was because of that.

He knew that he won't escape me alone, but little does he know that he won't escape me even with his little friends.

He will get what he deserves.

A knock made me open my eyes. "Enter," I said while not moving a muscle.

The door cracked open and Isamu peeked his head inside.