𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

ASAHI
—————————

"It was so good. I really enjoyed the wedding." Lina placed her hands on the railing and looked in front of her.

The sun was setting and the light, warm wind blew from our left. I walked behind her and buried my face in her hair. Her soft skin touched mine and I felt at peace.

When we came back from the wedding, we quickly changed and then took showers. Separately. A smile danced on my face at my own ridiculous thoughts.

"I didn't know that their marriage was not... well it's kind of forced I guess. Marcela said she didn't want it." Lina spoke and turned her head to me. Her eyebrows creased in worry.

I knew that there was tension between Marco and Marcela since their families lost ties a long time ago. But now with the marriage contract, they were trying to rebuild their friendship.

Marco wasn't happy but I didn't know that their situation was that serious.

Forced marriage wasn't so foreign in our world but Marco not saying anything about it was more than strange. He didn't seem like the type to accept anything like that.

"I'm thankful that we have the opportunity to choose each other." Evangelina shifted her body and turned to me. My arms rested on the railing and she was trapped between me and the railing.

Her head tilted and my heartbeat increased. Her beauty was unmatched. The freckles on her face were more visible due to the sunny weather and her eyes sparkled as they connected with mine.

Her face was bare of any makeup now and her skin glowed.

I couldn't help myself so I leaned down and kissed her forehead. Her body relaxed against mine and her apple-scented shampoo, filled my lungs, spreading through me.

She was perfect in every sense.

The way she was always careful for the people around her. She made sure that everyone was comfortable and felt seen. Especially me. She made sure to make me feel loved.

The way her eyes softened every time I did something she liked and appreciated. I would do anything she says if it means that it will make her happy.

Her nurturing nature was radiating off of her and I couldn't help but be madly in love with her.

"Lina..." She smiled as I said her name. A smile that made the burning feeling in my chest grow and spread all over my body.

"I just... I don't think I will be able to express how much sorry I am for everything that I did." Her shoulders slumped at my words. I pushed myself off the railing and cupped her face.

"I wish we would have met in different circumstances. You didn't deserve any of what happened to you. Lina, you deserve way more than what I have given you."

"Asahi don't. You have no idea how much my life has changed when I met you. On better. If I had a good life before I wouldn't have found the courage to run away that night."

I closed my eyes for a second and let out a sigh.

"I just can't seem to feel okay with everything that happened."

"Baby, please don't do that." I tenderly grinned at the nickname. She looked adorable when she said it.

"Evangelina, I love you." The words that I wanted to say for so long finally left my lips and my lungs stilled. My breathing stopped for a second as I waited for her reaction.

Her eyes widened and her delicate lips parted.

My hands trembled while I held her face, my fingers slowly stroked her cheeks and I bit my lip in nervousness.