𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

6 MONTHS LATER
—————————————

"Steph!" My manager's voice echoed from my right.

"Yes?" I yelled back.

"Can you come here for a second?" I opened the trash can and lifted the bag in my hands, throwing it in the green container.

Quickly I walked back inside and went to wash my hands. I looked at myself in the mirror and redid my ponytail. Dusting off my blue apron, I made my way to the bar.

I immediately spotted the blond-haired woman by the coffee machine, fixing something. Monica turned to me and let out a sigh.

"Can you go and check that table there." She pointed to table four that was lovated in the main space inside. "They are waiting." She wiped her forehead and whined when she couldn't press the button.

"Of course, I was just out to throw the trash." She nodded in understanding.

"I know, dear. But you know how weekends are." I did know. They were always busy. The restaurant was located right next to the beach. It was well know place here. It was always busy but especially the weekends.

The inside was a restaurant while on the terrace was a bar. Decorated with fairy lights, it was like a magic spot at night.

The place was truly beautiful and the sunsets were always breathtaking. I liked to sit outside every time I had a lunch break.

I grabbed the note and pen from my apron's pocket and hurried to the table. There were four girls probably around twenty years old. All of them were dressed in cute outfits that somehow if you paid more attention matched to each other.

"Hello, I'm Steph and I'll be your server today. What would you like?" They all smiled and one of them, the girl with the strawberry blond hair spoke first.

"Um, is your coworker, that one with blond hair, here?" She chewed on her bottom lip while she hesitantly asked the question.

All of the girls eagerly waited for my answer.

And they were definitely talking about Henrik. He was a twenty-two-year-old guy from Norway who started working here about three months ago. I mean I understand why they were looking for him, he was very charming and knew how to keep the conversation going.

He constantly flirted with everyone and even tried to flirt with me. I mean he was already doing it, even though I was way older than him. Okay by four years.

Today was my birthday. My twenty-fourth one. We celebrated it two weeks ago because this one is my real birthday and not the fake one. Sometimes I even forget that my name is supposed to be Steph and not Evangelina.

But I try my best to keep my mind concentrated and not spill out my real identity in front of everyone.

"He's not here today. I'm sorry." The girl's face fell and she let out a sigh in disappointment. Henrik was free this weekend and even if he was here, he was working outside at the bar. I guess luck was not on their side today.

"It's okay." She nodded and averted her eyes to the menu.

Her friends proceeded to order first and I scribbled everything on the small notebook.