𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

EVANGELINA
——————————

I dusted off the skirt of the dress and did a spin, trying to see if there were any wrinkles or maybe stains because I was paranoid that I might have messed up the dress.

It was a white one after all. Areli and I went shopping yesterday and she said that this one suited me the best. It was a summer dress that had a square neckline and reached mid-thigh and was made of linen-like material. It also had short, slightly puffed sleeves. It was truly beautiful and cute.

I think it would be perfect for the date.

Yes, today was my date with Asahi and I was currently trying not to freak out. As much as I wanted to go on a date with him and wanted him to ask me out when he did, I was to say,... shocked.

My mouth stayed slightly open and my eyes wide when I heard the words.

I've never been on a date and had no idea how everything would play out. All I knew was from books. That was it. Areli tried to prepare me but all of the stuff she said flew away from my mind. It's like she never even told me anything.

Asahi didn't say where he was taking me, he just said that I'd really like the setting. I hope it's somewhere quiet where there are not many people.

I just want to spend time with him in peace.

As much as I would love to experience different stuff and all of that with Asahi, I wanted our first date to be perfect.

He was going to be here in about fifteen minutes and I used that time to check my makeup and hair.

I did a light makeup look that consisted of brown eyeshadow liner, mascara, concealer, a little bit of blush, and lip balm. My hair was down and done in soft waves. The long bangs fell down the side of my face.

Again, I didn't know where we were going and I didn't know if this would be enough or too much. I'll ask Asahi when he arrives here.

Angel was yet again at Josh's place. We met earlier and he has been excited because they told him the date of the surgery. According to him, there are high chances of getting his daughter back. It's all he wanted since the accident happened, to get Zahra back.

He never even talked about anything else, just his daughter. Her grandparents are apparently not very fond of Josh and made big problems for him and his late wife. And now that he had the accident, they used that opportunity to take their grandchild with them back in England.

My heart hurt for him because he was truly a very nice and kind person.

I checked if everything was turned off in the apartment and then went to the cabinet to take the shoes I was meant to wear today. They were simple white sneakers that I bought in a random store.

When I started working I didn't want to spend money on expensive stuff, I didn't see the appeal in that. I had everything when I was back home and of what use were they? Nothing.

Right before I heard the doorbell ring, I sprayed perfume over my neck.

He was here. I ran to the door and took a few deep breaths before I took hold of the knob and opened the door.

On the other side stood Asahi. My eyes traveled over him and a lump formed in my throat, stopping me from saying anything.

He was dressed in a black t-shirt that stretched over his chest and broad shoulder. The short sleeves exposing his beautiful tattoos on his hands. His hair was pushed back, one strand falling down his forehead.

Beige slacks were wrapped around his legs and his hands were hidden in the pockets, making the muscles on his arms flex.

A smile was present on his lips but slowly faded away when his eyes started to take in my appearance.