𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

EVANGELINA
—————————

Yesterday passed in a blur. The whole time I was in bed because I was barely able to move my body. A few more bruises appeared on my legs and also some did on my arms.

My elbows got colored in a darker red shade. Because my skin was really sensitive, every little part that touched the floor when I fell, was becoming darker, bruised looking.

The worst part was my ribs. Asahi said that they are not broken but they sure hurt like they are

Every time I tried to move it was like I was electrocuted. I struggled to even breathe. It will go away. It won't be like this forever.

Asahi did act like he knows everything and like he was a doctor but I'm sure he was right. If they were broken it would have been harder for me to get up.

I know that well because when I was ten years old, Jovan decided that we should play a game where whoever climbs up higher on the tree, will win. He was seventeen at the time and of course, he had the advantage.

Jovan was never fair. He liked to play dirty and trick you in any possible way. In our world, it was the only way to survive. Following rules and morals was taking away your advantages.

I knew that Dad has his position not because he was a good boss but because he knew how to get what he wanted even if it cost him a fortune. And Jovan is going to be the same.

Since we were younger Jovan was fascinated with the thought of being in my Dad's position. He became a Made Man when he was fifteen. I knew that some part of him changed that day. He didn't allow it to show but the brother I had before was not the same as the one I have now.

He always liked to play games where he for sure was going to win.

Luck was not on his side that day when he tripped and fell directly on the ground. A couple of his ribs were broken and so was his arm.

Whimpering sounds were all we were hearing for a month. He was also a bit dramatic. Men always were when it came to them being sick. Even if it was a normal flu, they acted like they were on a deathbed.

Jovan and Dad were the same.

The girl who I assume is a maid here, brings me food. She already brought me breakfast and she's yet to bring me my lunch and dinner.

My heart wouldn't let me rest and I had to apologize to her. I went to her and tried to apologize. She just stared at me and didn't say a word. Maybe she was not allowed to talk to me.

I didn't even know her name.

The guard by the door was a different guy. My heart pinched and twisted with guilt. What did they do to him? He probably got in trouble because of my stupid ass. I wasn't even thinking when I tried to run away.

Now a person paid the consequences of my actions.

He didn't even do anything wrong. Yes, I was in pain because of him but he was only doing his job. Stopping me from further running away.

There was no way for me to get out of here. First, I didn't know where we were. Second, I didn't have a car and in this freezing cold, I'll be dead before I even get one mile away from here.

Third, there are guards everywhere outside. Back home I had the advantage of knowing them and maybe tricking them in some way like I did to Adrian.

Fourth, I had nowhere to go. Just like when I ran away that day. I did plan on getting out of the country but now I'm not so sure if that saw even going to work out.