𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

EVANGELINA
——————————

"I made you these." Fumiko pushed the plate with muffins towards me. She had the brightest smile on her face and she looked proud of her work. Today her black hair was down, half tied up. Her usual outfit was on, but this time her skirt was in dark navy and her shirt was light blue. She looked very cute as always.

I had just entered the kitchen together with Angel in my hands. Angel was a very energetic pet, as expected since she's a rabbit. I have made her a bed with cardboard and I placed a blanket inside. It will be her sleeping place till we buy her a proper bed.

The whole night I stayed by her to see if she'd be scared. After three hours she fell asleep and that's when I got in bed. I haven't slept well but at least Angel did.

The muffins Fumiko prepared were covered with chocolate and my stomach immediately rumbled. I hope I can eat at least today.

They smelled delicious and I placed Angel on the floor, She immediately ran, her tiny legs moving around. She was a curious little thing. I watched with a grin when she stepped on the rug next to the cabinet and settled there. She was barely visible since the rug was the same color as her.

I turned my head to Fumiko. "Thank you for making these." She clasped her hands in front of her and waited for me to try them.

Extending my hand, I grabbed one and took a small bite. The rich flavor of chocolate made me close my eyes. I sighed. I loved chocolate. No, I was in love with chocolate.

There was nothing better than it.

"So?" She raised her eyebrows with a hesitant smile.

"Fumiko these are amazing," I said after I swallowed the bite.

She did a little dance while moving her shoulders and giggled. I knew she was doing everything in her power to cheer me up. She has been preparing my favorite food just so I would eat.

She has been also telling me funny stories that happened to her during work. I was glad that she was here.

I have not seen Asahi since yesterday when we had another conversation.

I knew saying those things to me might have not been easy.

He told me what his plan was this whole time was.

And that was to kill my family.

When he said those words, I felt... almost nothing. And it bothered me so much. How could I not feel anything when he told me that?

They were people who raised me, I was constantly around them my whole life. Even if they were the worst people, I should have felt something, right?

I loved writing about love and relationships. Whether it was about romantic relationships or relationships between strangers or friends and family. It was something always on my mind. I loved reading about love and creating love stories.

But when it came to me... I don't know if I was capable of the same love I was writing about. What if my love was not enough? What if I was not able to love as much? Maybe that's why I didn't feel anything.

Or maybe it was because I didn't have the best relationship with them. But they were my family... still, I should have felt somehow sad.

Was I a horrible person for this?

"Eva!" The voice suddenly reached my ears and I jolted.

"Are you okay?" Fumiko was by my side, her eyebrows were pinched together in worry.