𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

EVANGELINA
——————————

"What are you doing here?" The voice makes me jump all of a sudden. The silence that was present a few seconds ago is not filled with my heartbeat in my ears.

Now this was not good. I should have not been here without him knowing.

Asahi was by the door, slowly taking steps towards me. His eyebrows were pinched together and his eyes went from me to the desk behind.

The speed of my heartbeat increased with each step he took.

His steps were slow and predatory, he definitely will be mad at me for being here. I mean it's my own fault for not thinking beforehand. I shouldn't have stepped in when I saw that he was not here.

"Umm... you said that you have pills for pain in your office," I mumbled and looked behind me, pointing a hand to his desk. "I thought... when I saw that you are not here."

He cocked an eyebrow, waiting for me to continue.

I cleared my throat. "Well, I thought I could take them myself. But you opened the door and startled me." And I shut my mouth.

He hummed slowly, sliding his hands into the pockets of his pants.

The tight long-sleeved t-shirt was still stretched over his torso and his muscles bulged even more each time he moved.

Chewing on my lip, I intertwined my fingers. The room was getting... hotter? I don't even know anymore.

Taking a step back, I saw him starting to walk further in, passing me in the process. He rounded the table and went over to the drawers. He opened one of them and took out a small box. His eyes went to the desk and to the picture frames.

I might have placed them wrong or something but he didn't say anything. Even if he noticed he chose not to comment.

Thankfully.

I mentally wiped the sweat off my forehead in relief.

He opened another door by the desk and it was a miniature fridge. Taking a water bottle out of it, Asahi made his way to me.

"Here." He extended his hand with the water and I took it. After that, he took out a pill and placed it in my palm.

Not wasting any second, I flushed the pill down my throat with the water.

"Thank you," I said and closed the bottle. He took it out of my hand and put it on the desk behind me. His hand brushed mine in the process.

When his eyes found mine again I gulped and waited for him to scold me for being here.

But the bracelet still bugs me. Would it be possible for us to have the same bracelet or at least a very similar one? The one I have, I found at my Dad's office door so it must be his I guess.

And Dad has never met Asahi, at least that's what he told us.

"You were looking at the pictures." He said. It was more of a statement than a question. He knew.

There was no use in lying, he already knew that I did. So I nodded twice.

"What did my Dad take from you?" There was hope in me that this time he would tell me. I needed to know why I was here. It was not fair that he was dodging the question all the time.

It was my right to know what Dad did to them. Was it just a stolen possession or something far more?

Asahi's jaw clenched, his eyes moving over my face.