one.

"there's no point of us being together if we keep arguing over stupid shit!" the younger male screamed to the shorter. this statement struck the older like a boulder. it was nothing less than the truth.

"maybe you're right! maybe we shouldn't be together!" the older returned the loud volume that the other had used towards him. he was done with everything. he was fed up with the fact that they couldn't be in the same room with one another without almost killing the other.

"i'm so done with this shit! so fucking done, sunoo!" the younger turned around and left the room. the older followed after him to see what the younger would do next. both of their heads were clouded with anger and hatred.

"you're actually leaving?" the older furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms as he watched the younger collect all his belongings into a bag. the taller ignored his question that had an obvious answer.

"i asked you a fucking question, nishimura riki!" the older shouted once again. this did nothing but send the other into a deeper fury. the taller walked up to the older and looked down on him with his eyes whilst keeping his head held high. he clinched his jaw as they stood chest to chest.

this made the other gulp in intimidation. in the year that they had been together, sunoo had never felt this intimidated by the height difference the two shared. but kim sunoo was not going to show the latter his fear. he raised his head to look up at the older with full 'confidence'.

"we're over, i'm leaving. you're a nagging bitch and i'm tired of your bullshit. all you do is start unnecessary fucking arguments for absolutely no reason." niki stated with a deep and dark voice that sunoo had never heard from the younger before. however, kim sunoo was not a man who backed down from a fight. no matter how scared he truly was.

"you know what you are riki? you're a cold, selfish, ignorant, dick who only cares about himself. you're an asshole to anyone you don't deem fitting of your 'respect'. i'm tired of your shit as well. so go, leave. be my guest." he retaliated with the meanest look that he could convey. 

niki didn't spare the latter another word and reverted back around to grab the items he had gathered into a large duffle bag. the younger of the two gave the older the deadliest side-eye before exiting the bedroom. sunoo following right behind him, once again. 

sunoo stood in the middle of the open-concept apartment and glared at the other's backside as he exited out of the front entrance with a loud bang of the door behind him. seconds had passed and sunoo still had not blinked, staring directly at the door that his now ex-boyfriend had left through.

a lump arose into the raven haired boy's throat. his long eyelashes fluttered before he felt the prickling of hot tears brim into his eyes. his chest became heavy and he felt a wave of pain flood in as his brain finally processed everything that happened.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

two years later: present time

in the past two years and three months since the couple had uncivilly broken up, things got better for the both of them, partially. 

during that time frame, sunoo had moved from the apartment that he previously resided in. his new apartment was a little larger than the last. he had worked overtime at his new job as a makeup artist and hair stylist. all his time and efforts were put into his job that he loved dearly.

he's had flings on and off after riki but none of them became anything serious, until recently. recently he had been seeing a new guy that he genuinely started to like. his name was asakura jo and he was a japanese idol that sunoo frequently worked with. sunoo clearly had a type.

jo was such a great guy, he would take sunoo on dates whenever they had a free schedule since they were both extremely busy. although they had only just recently began spending time together, sunoo liked jo's shy and awkward mannerisms. he was nothing like riki and sunoo found that refreshing. 

jo was calm, while niki was hyper and always wanted to do exciting things. jo was patient, while niki complained about every inconvenience. jo was soft spoken and quiet, while niki was loud and spoke every thought that crossed his mind. jo was upfront about his feelings, while niki hid his emotions and would rather bottle everything up.

sunoo knew that he shouldn't be comparing the two but he was always subconsciously doing so. every time he had begun to date a new person, he made sure they were the complete opposite of nishimura riki.

niki on the other hand, when he left sunoo back then, he vowed to never get into another relationship. he had given up on relationships as a whole. sunoo was the last and final person he allowed himself to get romantically involved with. of course he had random hookups every here and there but that's all they were; hookups. 

niki also buried himself purely in work during those two years. his occupation was a music producer for big named celebrities. he was doing amazing financially. the 23 year old was making his way up in the industry and he had no intentions of ruining that with another toxic relationship.

of course, he had the lonely nights where he would lay in bed and wish someone would hold and care for him. but nishimura riki was a new man. he didn't want to be hurt again like how he felt them years ago. deep down, he feared that if he allowed himself to fall for someone new, they would have the same harsh ending that he had with kim sunoo. 

you could say that the two men had grown into completely different people than they were in the past. but deep, deep, down, both kim sunoo and nishimura riki were still the same. both had an empty feeling that lay deep within their hearts. as if they secretly craved for something unknown. the both ignored the feeling but it continued to linger.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

another book!

hope you enjoy!!