twenty.

the next day had came and riki headed into work with a mission to find someone. he was unfortunately, unsuccessful the morning before his first studio session.   

today he was recording with harua for the album so he figured he could just ask him.

as the studio session went on like usual, all riki could think about was finding the older male. thankfully there was a break between the recordings so he could finally talk to the shorter japanese male.

"harua, could i have a second?" niki walked up to where the latter stood on his phone. harua looked up find the producer standing right in front of him. which puzzled him since the two had never spoken to one another about anything unrelated to work.

"sure..." harua was hesitant because he had no idea what the taller was going to say next. 

"i was wondering if you knew where jo would be?" this made harua even more confused. why would niki be looking for his bandmate? he was pretty sure jo didn't have a recording session today...

"why?" 

"i just really need to speak to him, it's important." riki sighed, he didn't expect harua to be so questioning. he just needed to find jo, that was it.

"hmm... he might be in the coffee shop downstairs." harua shrugged unsurely. 

"thank you!" riki rushed out into the hallway to find the elevator that would take him to the floor that had its own coffee spot inside the building. 

when the elevator finally came to a stop, riki impatiently exited the shuttle to make his way and search for the tall man. he glanced at different tables and people but still no luck finding jo. 

until he suddenly spotted the one he was looking for, sitting at a table in front of a window. this made riki breathe a sigh of relief that he could finally ask the questions he was dying to know the answers to.

the blond approached the table that jo sat at and took a seat across from him. 

jo peeled his attention from his phone at new new appearance of someone in front of him. 

"so did you see if he was okay?" was the first thing that riki asked. of course he didn't want to have small talk with jo, that wasn't the reason he was here.

"hello to you too. and yes i went." jo responded and then returned his attention to the device in front of him. he enjoyed teasing the younger a bit, it was funny.

"well? what happened? is he okay?" riki was getting annoyed that jo ignored his question. instead of replying, jo stood up from his sitting position and handed riki a napkin.

"go see for yourself." jo began to walk away afterwards and riki also stood up. "i can't! that's why i sent you!" riki called out to the man that was already a few feet away. to which he received no reply.

"what an asshole..." niki sighed as he glanced at napkin that jo had handed to him moments before. on the white sheet was writing of an address and riki assumed it to be sunoo's. 

the blond knew he had a long day of work ahead of him so his questions and concerns would have to wait a while longer. he dragged himself back to the elevator to return to the recording studio.

so for the remainder of the day, he worked with an anxious feeling within. and by the time he was able to leave work, it was very late at night.

"god i hope this is the right address." riki spoke to himself as he knocked nervously on the black door. 

sunoo was fast asleep until he heard knocks coming from his front door. he unwillingly arose from the comfort of his bed and put on his slippers. the raven was still half asleep as he walked towards the entrance and didn't even ask who was on the other side of the door.

his house was still dark so he was blinded by the light coming from the apartment complex hallway as he pried the door open.

in the doorway stood a half-lidded, sleepy eyed, kim sunoo who stared blankly at the person in front of him. he couldn't process who he was even looking at before he felt two hands grab the sides of his face.

"are you okay? are you hurt?" riki analyzed every inch of sunoo's face while the latter just blinked slowly with a blank look on his face. riki blinked back before realizing how close he had accidently made their faces.

the taller stepped back from sunoo to take in the shorter's entire appearance of patrick star pajamas. he had to compose himself from laughing at the sight.

not even acknowledging sunoo presence, he pushed straight past him and walked straight into the older's apartment. 

sunoo's mind was still a little hazy but he started to realize what just happened as he shut his front door. "what the hell are you doing? why are you here?" the older finally asked with a groggy voice as he rubbed the sleepiness from his eye.

"are you sick?" riki walked back up close to sunoo's face so that he could tell if the shorter was actually ill. sunoo just squinted his eyes at the other. "what? why would i be sick? why are you here riki?" he yawned after asking the taller the same question for the second time.

"i'm sorry, i know you asked me to stop bothering you but jo said i should check up on you myself." sunoo was a little confused on why jo didn't just tell riki that he was perfectly healthy.

"well i'm fine, so you can stop worrying or whatever." sunoo walked over to his sofa with riki following shortly behind.

"what time is it?" sunoo asked as they both sat down. 

"um, like 1am..." riki scratched the back of his neck in guilt for waking sunoo up in the middle of the night.

"why couldn't you just come here tomorrow or something? now it's too late for you to go home." sunoo sighed. as much as he didn't want riki here, he also didn't want riki to drive so late at night. 

"i'll be fine-" suddenly riki felt something soft and fluffy rub up against his leg. it was still pretty dark in the home but he could tell it was a cat. he reached down to pet the soft white fur.

sunoo seen this interaction and chuckled a bit. "normally when guests come over she hides because she's shy." sunoo's lips slightly raised into a small smile.

"i guess i'm special then." riki replied while he continued to run his hands over the fur.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓