thirty three.

a week had passed since niki held sunoo's hand. but nothing changed.

sunoo thought that the younger would have woken up by now but he must have gotten his hopes up.

today was jay's day to stay in the hospital so sunoo was at work. during the month, on jay's days, sunoo would go into work and then take the following day off.

when he first returned to work, he apologized to everyone he might have scared with his reaction to riki's accident. of course no one blamed him but he thanked jo in particular. sunoo was happy he had such good people around him that care about him.

today, he didn't have many people to work with, which he was internally grateful because he was very sleepy from staying up all night to talk to niki.

as he did an artist's hair, he felt his phone vibrate. indicating that he was receiving a phone call. he seen the contact was 'jay' so he picked up immediately. 

whenever riki's condition had an update, sunoo was always the first person jay would call. so he assumed it was just that.

"hey jay, what's up?" he spoke casually, while continuing to style the person's hair.

"sunoo, get to the hospital now. riki just woke up." jay announced with glee filling his voice. 

sunoo froze for a moment and the hairbrush and telephone fell out his hands. he quickly snapped out of it and apologized to the artist before he grabbed his phone off the floor and ran out the room to find jungwon. 

luckily jungwon was standing outside the door. "jungwon, i have to go to the hospital. niki's awake!" he hastily spat out and ran down the hall without waiting for the director's response.

jungwon just stood there confused but accepting it anyway. obviously, this was important enough for the older to drop everything and run out of work like that so he walked back into the room and continued doing sunoo's job for him.

"jo! jo! can you please take me to the hospital, niki woke up. i need to get there immediately." sunoo panted out to the younger that was extremely surprised by the sudden appearance. 

"of course, let's go." jo asked no further questions. the two quickly made it to his car and they immediately drove off towards the hospital.

"you can just drop me off at the entrance." sunoo couldn't even wait for jo to park, so jo agreed and stopped the car in front of the main entrance of the building.  

sunoo immediately opened the car door and ran into the building. if you seen him, you'd probably think he was insane. but he didn't care.

he was finally able to catch his breath as he stood in the elevator. when the doors opened to the second floor, sunoo felt his heart beating faster than it did when he ran. now, he was too nervous to run.

he walked to the familiar door and knocked softly. his knocks were quickly answered by the door flying open with an ecstatic jay on the other side. he was smiling ear to ear.

sunoo's emotion's were too all over the place for him to return the same smile.

jay backed away from the door and sunoo stayed in the same position in the doorway. when jay was fully away from the door, sunoo was clearly able to see an injured nishimura riki sitting up with the goofy smile on his face that sunoo missed the most.

the raven's eyes stung with hot tears that immediately rolled down his cheeks.

he made his way into the room slowly until he was finally at the side of the bed he always sat at. 

"why are you crying? i thought you'd be happy to see me." the blond joked with groggy voice since he hadn't used his vocal cords in over a month. 

"shut up." sunoo cried harder as he bent down to hug the younger tightly. he buried his head in the crook of the other's neck as the tears continued to soak the hospital gown.

"ah my ribs." riki croaked out. the older immediately backed away from the hug. he didn't want to hurt the latter more than he already was.

"are you okay?" sunoo panicked, he completely forgot the younger was still healing and not one hundred percent himself yet. riki just smiled up at him instead of replying.

during this, jay had quietly exited the room. he wanted to speak with the doctor more so he could know what riki's road to recovery would look like. he also wanted to give the two some privacy.

"what?" sunoo was confused as to why riki was just staring at him and smiling.

"i heard everything you said to me." the younger of the two's smile turned from a bright smile, to a sad grin. the blond didn't like some of the things he heard while in comatose.

"you know it's not your fault right? i heard you apologizing and i didn't like it." riki stated firmly and then scooted over so sunoo could get into the bed with him.

"there's no space." sunoo protested. he knew being even closer to the younger wasn't the best idea, especially since he was still recovering.

"come on sunoo, there's room." finally, sunoo gave up and took off his shoes. he lifted the covers and sat next to the male that was waiting patiently. 

"comfortable?" riki asked with a large smile plastered back onto his face. sunoo rolled his eyes playfully at the cheesy behavior and nodded.

"back to what i was saying. none of this was your fault. it was me that wasn't paying attention to the road. my mind was elsewhere and that's entirely on me. i don't want to hear your apologies, okay?" 

sunoo just stared before eventually replying, "okay." a part of him will always blame himself. but for now, he felt a little better.

the younger lifted his hands to both sides of sunoo's face and wiped away the tear stains that painted sunoo's cheeks. riki wished he could have done this when they were first reunited and sunoo cried after the party.

the raven allowed it while gazing into the blond's deep colored eyes and found comfort. 

all this time, he felt empty. but in this moment, in this miniscule fraction of time, he didn't. he felt filled with an emotion he didn't know he was missing. 

he felt love.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

a/n: we're getting somewhere🤭