nineteen.

the gears in jo's head started to turn after hearing sunoo say that niki was his ex, suddenly everything started to make sense to jo.

the way that niki watched them dance with an intimidating stare at the party. the way niki hesitated to call them 'friends'. the times were niki was unreasonably aggressive towards jo. the time niki took sunoo away angrily when sunoo accidently bumped into jo.

it all finally made sense.

"so that's why he's like that..." 

sunoo was slightly embarrassed of his ex lover's behavior. "yeah... i'm really sorry for not mentioning it earlier... it's just a kind of sensitive topic for me." sunoo knew he should've given jo a warning as to why niki behaved the way he did.

"anyway, we broke up a few years ago and that party was the first time we had seen one another since. so as you could imagine, there's still some unresolved conflict between us... and the day that you and him got into a disagreement, he took me to his house to have a 'conversation'. which of course i didn't want to so i kind of blew up on him and basically told him to fuck off. and that's why i took a break from work, because i didn't want to see him." sunoo confessed everything.

"so that's why he asked me to check up on you..." jo mumbled his thoughts out loud once he understood the situation. niki asked him to do it because sunoo obviously didn't want to see him. 

"wait what?..." sunoo's face morphed into confusion. he wasn't sure if he heard the male correctly or if he was imagining things.

"niki asked me to see how you were feeling. he said he was concerned about you and asked me to figure out how you were. i agreed because i was worried too." jo admitted with a small smile. he was oblivious to the fact that riki didn't want sunoo to actually know he was the one who sent jo.

sunoo's heart suddenly started to race. he didn't expect riki to speak to the person he least liked just to check up on sunoo's health, especially after everything that happened. riki was respecting his wishes even though he was worried.

"oh... thank you for telling me. and i appreciate your concern as well." sunoo had something else to say to the gentleman sitting beside him, but he just didn't know how to say it.

there was a moment of silence while sunoo collected his thoughts.

"i don't think we should continue seeing each other, romantically..." the older decided it would be better to rip the band-aid right off instead of beating around the bush and ultimately leading jo on. jo was too good of a person to be lead on when he doesn't deserve it.

sunoo couldn't even look at jo in the eyes so he hung his head in shame before continuing. 

"i really like you jo but... i've basically only been focused on niki ever since he randomly showed up and that's just not fair to you. i've ghosted you multiple times with no explanation which also is not right. i'm so sorry." 

sunoo felt really shitty. he never intended on neglecting jo, nor did he want to. he had just been so caught up in riki's mess that he stopped giving jo his undivided attention.

even though jo was obviously saddened by the fact that he was just dumped, he understood sunoo. jo was extremely understanding and kind. 

"we can still be friends, if you'd like." sunoo finally lifted his head to see jo giving him a sweet smile. this made sunoo burst into tears. 

jo was one of the best people sunoo had ever met. it was as if his heart was made of pure gold.

jo immediately engulfed sunoo into a loving embrace when he seen the tears rushing down his face. jo also figured out something else during this whole conversation.

"sunoo?" jo called to sunoo and the latter raised his head from being nestled in the taller's chest. "hm?"

"are you still in love with niki?" this was a question that played on jo's mind the entire time the two were talking. it was obvious to jo.

sunoo's eyes grew wide and brain stopped functioning for a moment as he stared at jo in shock. jo awaited for the older's answer even though he had a clue as to what it was.

"n- no... what do you mean?" sunoo separated from the hug to wipe the tears that stained his face.

"the fact that you hesitated is the real answer." jo stood up and gave sunoo one last look before making his way to the entrance door. 

"i'll see you at work, sunoo."

the raven just sat there and stared off into space as he heard the sound of the door shutting behind the male. sunoo questioned why jo would ask him such a question.

there was absolutely no way sunoo was still in love with his ex. jo must have read the situation wrong.

or did he?

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓