thirty two.

when riki heard sunoo apologizing, all he wanted to do was get up and tell him that nothing was his fault.

but he couldn't. he couldn't move his body or open his eyes, and it frustrated him. 

he hated this. it felt like he was trapped in his own mind.

jay left the room so the two could have some privacy. he knew sunoo needed a minute alone with the blond so he went to make some phone calls to their loved ones to inform them of niki's condition.

"can you hear me, riki?" sunoo asked in a soft voice. when the younger heard him, he wanted to let the older know that he could. but that was impossible.

"i never thought we'd be in this situation..." sunoo wept while rubbing the cold hand in circular motions with his thumb. 

"i realized how short life is when i heard about the accident. i felt like it was too little time." the raven looked at the scratches and bruises that covered the younger's beautiful face. 

"you still look the same as when we first met, you know that?" sunoo smiled through the tears. even though it was four years ago, he looked like the same nervous kid from back then.

riki wanted to laugh at sunoo's comment but all he could do was lay there. he wanted to argue and say 'i look way cooler.' but he couldn't.

"i realized how much i can't live without you, riki."

when sunoo said that, he seen a single tear fall from the unconscious male's eye. 

this surprised the raven. he knew riki was listening, and that brought so much comfort.

"you can actually hear me!" sunoo wiped his tears and excitedly left the chair so he could open the door and tell jay what happened.

"jay! jay, he cried!" sunoo exclaimed happy as ever. jay was confused on what sunoo meant. "wait what?"

"when i spoke to him, a tear left his eye! it means something right?" sunoo's hopes were extremely high. maybe this means he'll have the ability to wake up if he has the ability to express emotion.

"i think so?" jay smiled a big smile. he knew bringing sunoo here was a good thing. even a little progress was better than none. 

"keep talking to him. i'll be out here." jay patted sunoo's back and the younger shut the door.

sitting down, he so was excited to at least know that riki had some sort of conscious. 

"okay i'm back. now where was i.."

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

for the entire rest of the day, sunoo sat next to the blonds bed and told him anything that came to mind. he told him memories they shared, he cried, he laughed, he did it all. he felt like he would do anything just to help make riki wake up.

"sunoo, maybe you should head home... it's dark, i'll take you home." jay finally got the courage to tell the younger he should leave. he knew that sunoo wouldn't want to but he looked like he needed good rest.

"it's okay, i'll stay here. you can go home because i know you've been here for a long time." sunoo looked over to the man.

jay sighed. maybe the younger was right. he hadn't left the hospital in over a week and sleeping in a chair wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world.

"okay, goodnight sunoo. goodnight riki." he said his goodbyes and left the room.

"i wonder how long you'll be asleep for." sunoo rested his head on the side railing of the bed and watched. 

"would it be weird if i stayed here until you woke up?" sunoo asked questions he knew he'd never get the answers to. riki internally laughed at the older's dialog.

sunoo was used to talking to things that won't respond. dubu still has yet to reply to anything sunoo has said to her, so this was nothing. he knew eventually, riki would answer him. 

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

one month later.

sunoo and jay alternated who stayed with riki every day for an entire month.

family, heeseung, and jake, also came to visit some days. jake was taking care of niki's dog bisco, for the month as well.

as time went on, riki's health slowly inclined.

today was sunoo's day. he sat in his usual spot next to the bed until he heard a knock at the room door. 

"come in." sunoo replied and a doctor came in holding a file. 

"hello. i'm here to inform you about mr. nishimura's condition." the doctor stated and sunoo gulped, he was always nervous when the doctors came in. he was scared one day they would bare bad news.

"he seems to be progressing in his healing process. we're still not sure when he'll exactly wake up but for now, he has a chance." the doctor smiled. sunoo squeezed the younger's hand tightly. 

"thank you doctor, for everything." sunoo bowed and gave a grateful smile before the doctor left the room.

"i know you heard that! you're getting better!" sunoo spoke to the blond cheerfully.

"please give me a sign that you'll wake up soon..." sunoo stared and waited for something, anything. 

the male sighed when nothing came. he was a bit disappointed but tried to keep positive. "it's okay, riki. i'll wait for you whenever you're ready." he continued to hold the pale hand in his.

"i miss you." sunoo frowned. as much as he had tried to keep positive, he was also sad. he missed the other even though he was directly in front of him.

all of a sudden, the older felt a slight squeeze on his hand. 

he slowly raised his head to look at the younger in complete shock. "did you just- wait am i imagining things..." he second guessed if he had just made it up in his head.

"do it again, riki. squeeze my hand." he encouraged the younger to show him again so that he could know if he was truly going crazy or not.

niki used all the strength that he possibly had and squeezed his hand even harder than the last time.

sunoo immediately stood up from his seat and let the tears fall from his eyes.

"i'll be right back!" he rushed out the door to find the doctor. when he found them, he explained how the younger had moved his hand to hold onto his.

"that's extremely good news. typically, when a patient is able to move a limb, they're able to wake up within a week." 

after he spoke with the doctor, he called jay to let him know about riki's new progress.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

a/n: i hope you guys trusted me the entire time😤