six.

niki parked the car in front of his apartment complex. luckily, the walk to the elevator wasn't too far and he only lived on the second floor so the blond figured that carrying the smaller wouldn't be much of a problem. 

he exited his side of the car and jogged over to where sunoo sat to pull the older into a bridal style hold. surprisingly, the male was extremely light so niki secretly thanked the universe for that. 

as he made his way to his home, he glanced down to the unconscious boy in his arms and noticed the tear stains running down his face. this made niki frown at the sight. 

pulling himself together, he unlocked his apartment door and closed it behind him. suddenly, he heard the high pitched barks of his dog. "shh, bisco be quiet!" he whisper-yelled at the small dog and thankfully, this made the animal walk away to lay on the sofa. niki sighed in relief that the older male stayed unbothered by the noise as he carried him into his bedroom. 

placing the man down gently, he begun to take off the shorter male's shoes and jacket. honestly, niki has no idea why he chose to do these nice acts of kindness for the other. it's not like they were close anymore or anything. in fact, the two didn't get along in the past.

as he finished making sure the male was comfortable, niki gave him one last glance before turning off the light and exiting the room. he left the door slightly ajar so that he could hear if the older got sick during the middle of the night from all the alcohol. 

niki didn't want to alarm the older by sleeping in the same bed so he settled for the couch. it may have been slightly uncomfortable but it was nothing riki couldn't handle. 

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

sunoo's eyes fluttered as they adjusted to the blinding light emitting from the window. as soon as his eyes came to, he immediately sat up and recognized that this was not his bed, nor his room. sitting up so quickly was a huge mistake. his head immediately began to pound with an intense migraine.

he looked to his side to find a glass of water and pain killers on the bedside table. sunoo had no idea who put that there but he was heavily grateful. after taking the pills, he stood to his feet and made his way out of the cracked door. 

looking around, his eyes grew large at the sight in front of him. "ahhhh!!" he screamed in shock, waking up the male who's feet hung off the arm of the couch since he was too tall for his entire body to fit. 

alarmed, riki sat up and also began to scream in fright. "what the fuck is your problem!?" the blond male with messy hair shouted once the both of their screaming stopped. 

"where am i?" the raven haired ignored the younger's question and asked his own instead. the taller man rolled his eyes and laid back down with a huff. "you got drunk and fell asleep in my car when i asked you where you lived. trust me i didn't want to bring you here either."

"what happened to jo?" sunoo asked with confusion. he wondered why the other man hadn't just taken him home instead of niki of all people. this name didn't ring a bell in the other's brain. "jo?" he asked the older with a puzzled look. 

"the one i was on a date with." sunoo rolled his eyes as niki sat back up in a proper sitting position on the couch. 

"uh... i didn't trust him to take you home since you were so drunk, so i told him i would take you instead... but he did say to text him when you woke up." niki awkwardly scratched the top of his head while the other scowled at him. 

sunoo sighed defeatedly, he wanted to be angry at the male for many reasons but he was also thankful that he was being taken care of when he was unable to do it for himself. "thanks. i guess." he mumbled to the younger as he stared down at his feet. this whole situation was awkward and uncomfortable for the both of them honestly.

"so, do you want something to eat? i know you probably don't feel the best..." niki suddenly offered to the other male. sunoo wanted to decline but niki was actually not wrong at all. he was feeling sickly from the hang over and he needed some comfort food.

"yeah, that would be nice..." the other nodded and decided he would make some miso soup, since soups were good for hangovers and sickness. sunoo sat on the seating that the younger had previously slept on and began to think.

seeing your ex boyfriend after years of leaving off on the wrong foot and then being civil with one another was without a doubt, weird. but for some reason, sunoo felt content. he wasn't internally panicking like he usually does at the thought of the latter. instead, being in his presence was kind of... nice? he didn't know how to describe it so he just abandoned that thought. 

all of a sudden he felt a wet tongue licking his fingers. his eyebrows furrowed as he looked over to find a miniature poodle with a brown and white coat, staring up at him with a tilt of it's head. undeniably, the small animal was adorable. sunoo squealed at the sight and instantly began to pet the tiny animal. 

unknowingly, the younger man was watching this interaction with a ghost of a smile on his lips. after some time, sunoo noticed the other and cleared his throat in embarrassment. "the food is done." niki coldly stated and walked back into the kitchen. sunoo quickly stood from his position to follow the other into the kitchen. 

 the two sat in silence, opposite of one another as they ate the soup that niki had prepared. feeling suffocated by the intense awkwardness, sunoo decided to start a conversation with the blond in front of him.

"so, how have you been?" he asked in a soft tone. of course the two hadn't had any contact for the past two years so there wasn't much for them to talk about. but this was a nice start.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓