eight.

the next day came and it was time for the two adults to go into work. niki was particularly in a good mood. because today was the day he would work with his first artist at the new company and he had a recorded interview about his work. sunoo however, not not as delighted to head into his place of employment.

sunoo had failed to contact jo yesterday. he received the messaged the younger had sent but he was too drained to respond. today, he would have to see the taller and apologize for his actions.

"good morning, sunoo. today you're going to be working with the new head producer. he has a very important interview and you're our best artist." jungwon, the staff manager informed sunoo what he was assigned to do.

"i understand, thank you." sunoo bowed in respect but he had no idea who the new head producer was. he had been out for the past few days so they didn't have the opportunity to meet. sunoo's only hope was that they were at least decent enough so he could get through his job with no problems.

"he is in the private dressing area on the 4th floor." jungwon gave sunoo a polite smile before walking away. the raven haired just sighed and collected the make up and hair products he will need to complete his work. 

sunoo reached the private room before knocking gently. he heard a call for him to enter so he took the liberty of opening the room and closing the door behind him. sunoo had no intentions of having conversation with the person he was assigned to so he kept his head down as he walked to the large vanity they sat at, to set his supplies down.

"my name is kim sunoo and i will be-" sunoo's words suddenly got stuck in his throat once he lifted his head and made eye contact with the latter, through the mirror. his eyes grew in shock and his heart began to thump in his chest.

"riki?..." his head slowly turned to come face to face with nishimura riki. niki was just as shocked as the older had been. he did not expect to see his ex boyfriend at his workplace. "sunoo... you work here?" niki asked an obvious question but he still was curious. he wasn't totally opposed to sunoo working here, it just shocked him.

"yeah... uh anyway- i'll do your hair and make up now. i know you have a tight schedule today." niki nodded in response but the atmosphere was beyond awkward. niki felt stiff in his seat as sunoo started to reach for his hair. 

niki avoided eye contact as his throat began to feel a sense of dryness. sunoo on the other hand, felt like he would be sick. it's not easy being so close to the person you used to share your most vulnerable moments, and pretending they never happened. 

"so- how are you feeling... since that night?" riki stared at the male through the reflection. sunoo paused his actions of curling the hair on the youngers head. sunoo internally questioned why the blond would be worried about his health. it's not like they were any type of close, after all. 

"i feel fine, thank you." the raven slightly bowed and finished the latter's hair. now, it was time for him to move onto the makeup. having to be so close to the younger's face for any amount of time made sunoo's stomach flip.

he gulped as he moved the brush filled with product along the smooth skin of his ex. this time, in his peripheral vision, he seen the intense stare of dark, brown eyes. sunoo stopped applying the product and glanced up into the other's eyes, only to realize how close the twos faces had become. if it was possible, you could cut the tension with a knife.

being frozen in his place, sunoo's eyes refused to divert from the taller's scary gaze. niki returned the stare and accidently allowed his eyes to travel down to sunoo's lips before returning them to the older's.

suddenly sunoo broke out of the trance and cleared his throat. he turned around towards the vanity to hide the embarrassment that played on his expression. how could he allow that short moment to happen? he was here strictly to do the younger male's makeup and hair, that's it. clearing his head, he returned to face the other while ignoring the obvious looks that were directed at him. 

quickly finishing, he couldn't spend another moment in that room. it felt suffocating for the fox-like-male. he hastily collected his materials before running out the door without another word. niki was left stunned, his head was confused about the interaction he had just shared with his former partner. 

riki sighed and prepared himself for his upcoming interview. he had less than thirty minutes to stabilize his thoughts and focus. he could not mess this up since it was being recorded and would be uploaded onto the company's channel. niki refused to leave a bad impression already. 

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

"harua, i'm panicking!" sunoo screamed as he ran into the room his coworker sat in. "um... hi?" harua greeted the clearly distraught older male. through working together, sunoo had become particularly close to the japanese artist. harua and jo were in the same group so it wasn't a surprise that sunoo had also formed a bond with the other members along with the one he had grown fond of.

"what happened?" the bunny looking male tilted his head in confusion. sunoo caught his breath as he closed the door behind him and sat in the seat parallel to the younger. he exhaled before beginning his rant. "you won't believe me..." 

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT😓