twenty eight.

sunoo went to work the following morning as he usually did.

but for some reason something felt off. something in the pit of his stomach gave him a bad feeling but the raven just brushed it off, assuming he was just feeling a little sick.

when he walked down the hallway that he usually seen the blond male, he seen no one. sunoo frowned and halted himself from walking any further.

something was wrong. 

they had just agreed to be on good terms so why is the other suddenly disappearing?

while deep in thought, he noticed jo walking into the hallway. he walked up to the taller male and figured it wouldn't hurt to just ask. "hi jo!" sunoo greeted with a smile.

"hey! what's up?" jo greeted back, returning the energy of the older.

"have you seen niki around here?" sunoo asked awkwardly. it wasn't the ideal situation to be in but he needed to know.

"uh, no i haven't, sorry. but i believe i have a studio session later today so i'll let you know if i see him." jo gave another smile. it would be a lie to say he didn't miss the other, but he was getting over it.

"it's okay, thank you though. i'll see you later! let me know if you see him." sunoo bowed and continued to walk to his destination.

this was really not sitting right with sunoo, but he figured that he should just stop overthinking and wait for jo to update him.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

time slipped away from sunoo and before he knew it, it was night and time to go home. he got ready to leave when he suddenly felt a vibration in his pocket.

it was a text from jo that read, 'niki never showed up, sorry sunoo. make it home safe.' 

for some reason sunoo's anxiety from this morning came back but way worse. on top of that, it began to suddenly rain.

sunoo ran to the nearest bus stop and waited for the public transportation to arrive. "why is the sky crying?" the raven stared up at the evident stars that scattered across the jet black sky. 

everything felt gloomy and gray.

the illuminating lights of the large bus pulled sunoo out of his thoughts. he stepped on and seen that the entire bus was empty. usually, sunoo would've been happy about this fact but for some reason, it felt depressing.

as he sat into his window seat, he watched the world fly past his eyes. 

by now, the younger should have called, right? he used to be extremely clingy and would call every chance he got when they were dating. that memory made a small smile crawl onto sunoo's face. 

those were simpler times.

flashback: over three years ago.

"i'm gonna run to the convenience store, text me if you need anything!" sunoo announced to the younger male that sat on the couch. 

when niki heard him, he instantly stood up from his seat and walked up to the shorter. he suddenly pulled him by the waist, into a tight hug.

"what are you doing, you big baby. i'm just going to the store, not war." sunoo giggled as he felt the taller placing small kisses in the crook of his neck.

"let me go, that tickles! why are you being so clingy!" the older laughed even harder when the other started to tickle his sides as well.

finally deciding the older had enough, riki released sunoo from his grip with a goofy smile playing on his lips.

"you're such a-" the younger cut off sunoo before he could finish his sentence with a slow and soft kiss. 

"loser..." the raven finished his sentence with a quiet voice after riki pulled away from the kiss. 

"i love you, be safe." riki held the loving gaze between the two while sunoo was speechless. this is exactly why he fell so deeply in love with the younger.

"i love you too. i'm leaving now, don't try to stop me." the older pointed an accusing finger at the other while he raised his hands in surrender.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

sunoo arrived at the small convenience store and was searching for snacks for him and his boyfriend. when he started to feel the vibration of his phone in his hand. he turned it over so he could see who was calling.

to no surprise, it was nishimura riki calling him. sunoo pressed the green accept button on the 'my baby' contact name that appeared on the screen. 

"yes, riki? what could you possibly need in the span of five minutes?" sunoo joked as he held the cellphone up to his ear while he looked through the different foods the store held.

"is it such a crime to miss your boyfriend?" the younger responded in a fake 'offended' tone.

"i'm pretty sure i told you to text me if you needed me." the raven walked up to the cashier to pay for the items.

"did you? hm, i don't recall..." the latter pretended to think. sunoo rolled his eyes even though he knew the other wouldn't see it and walked out the store building.

"maybe you just have bad memory?" the older said in rebuttal as he walked down the street. at this point he was near their apartments' already.

"i remember everything about you." niki flirted.

"you're so corny, open the front door." the younger of the two followed direction to find sunoo standing in front of him with a bag and his phone in his hands.

"i missed you too." sunoo gave a cheeky smile before wrapping his arms around the taller's waist and hugging tightly. 

end of flashback: present time.

sunoo got off on his stop and the rain continued to pour while he walked to his apartment.

"today sucks." he spoke to no one in particular. by the time he made it into his abode, his entire body was drenched from head to toe. it brought back memories of when riki spent the night.

"why is everything reminding me of him today, dubu?" the male asked the cat that stared blankly at him and meowed. 

"of course you don't know, you're bad at advice, you know that?" sunoo continued the conversation as the cat followed him into his bedroom.

maybe the younger just had a cold, he was sure that he'd return tomorrow. 

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

a/n: some fluff so you guys forgive me🤗