three.

a new day had arrived for nishimura riki. the blond pushed the building door open and walked through with an unamused expression on his face. although the male loved his job, he hated the routine that played on a loop every day. every day he walked into the same building, greeted the same coworkers, walked into the same studio, prepared the said studio, and begun his day. he wanted a sort of change. 

"good morning, riki." the receptionist formally greeted the tall man. he gave the woman a slight smile and a small bow in acknowledgement. once he walked off the elevator and reached his work studio, he was met with his co-producer, lee heeseung.

"hey, riki! today we have one artist that is coming in in about an hour. then, you have a meeting with the boss about something 'important'." the older male informed the younger about his scheduling for the day. niki sat in front of the digital audio workstation and set up what he needed in preparation for his next client. 

"okay, thanks hyung." niki had repeated this same process for around a year and a half. over the course of the year and some months, he had became extremely skilled as a producer. the music he created alongside heeseung had continuously charted high in the industry. he was proud of his accomplishments but he still felt something was missing.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

after a long studio session, he made his way to the highest floor in the building. it was time for the important meeting that his elder co-producer had mentioned. niki began to feel a sense of nervousness, since he was rarely summoned by his employer. 

gently knocking his knuckles onto the glass door, he awaited a signal to enter the office. "come in." niki heard the voice of his boss call out from behind the door. he then stepped into the large office where his boss sat behind his desk. sitting in the seat in front of the man, niki awaited for the reason behind this meeting.

"i have some good news, riki. your performance here as a producer has been outstanding for the past year. i've decided that your work is worth a promotion." the man gave the younger a grand smile. niki was completely in shock of this news. he had never expected such a proposal in such a sort amount of time.

"wow, thank you very much sir! what do i have to do for this promotion?" niki was ecstatic. all the overtime and long nights he spent on his job was paying off. he couldn't be happier.

"i spoke with a partnering company that's higher up in this industry. they want you to become their head producer. they are offering double your salary that you currently make. i'd hate to see you go, but it's very much deserved from all your hard work. you will start working at 'grey entertainment' tomorrow. it's short notice but it's worth it." the man explained the further details to the blond.

"that's incredible, thank you for this opportunity sir. i won't let you down." niki stood on his feet to shake the older man's hand and bow repeatedly. this was the perfect opportunity for the change he desperately was in need of. this was his fresh start.

"i know you won't, kid." the boss smiled proudly and niki gave his final bows before exiting the office. riki wasted no time to make his way back down to his recording studio to collect his things and bid his final goodbyes to his coworkers. 

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

unlocking the front entrance to his apartment, niki was welcomed by a hyper and excited four legged animal. "hi bisco!" niki bent down to pet the small dog using one hand since the other carried his items from work. he stood back up to walk into his bedroom to put everything away. 

tomorrow was going to be a good day for niki. he was excited for the new beginnings in his life. little did he know, his new beginnings would also bring back the old endings...

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

a/n: sorry, short chapter.