fifteen.

flashback: 3 years ago.

it was the autumn season and the weather became chilly and crisp. leaves of different colors abandoned their original states on the tree branches. the sky's were gray and there was a linger of moisture in the air from the rain that poured the night before.

riki desperately wanted to get back into the comfort of his boyfriend's arms. today, niki had went out to the store to find food and other items for the both of them. along with some comfort snacks since he knew his lover would ask for them.

usually, the couple went shopping together since their was no reason to go alone. but today, riki had woken up early and crawled out from the shared bed and went alone. he wanted to surprise sunoo with a small, indoor date.

of course the male took his boyfriend on dates often, but since the weather started to change, he wanted it to be more special and intimate. just the two of them.

after paying for the items, he placed all the bags into his car and excitedly made his way back to their apartment. he couldn't wait.

 ☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

he arrived to the home and it was still early so he assumed the older was still asleep. niki brought all the bags into the kitchen and placed them down to unpack everything when he suddenly heard footsteps walking towards the kitchen area.

a half sleep kim sunoo appeared with hair standing up in different directions and eyes half closed. his pajamas (which were just niki's oversized clothing), was messy as he just stood in the kitchen walkway and stared at his boyfriend while blinking slowly.

niki couldn't hold in his laugh anymore and he hunched over as he burst out in laughter. the cute behavior of his lover was enough to erupt riki into fits of giggles. sunoo was still processing what he was even looking at and was confused on why his boyfriend was almost on the floor in laughter.

once niki had finally calmed himself down, he approached the love of his life with a beaming smile and wrapped his arms around the older's shoulders while sunoo returned the embrace by wrapping his arms around his waist. 

sunoo nuzzled his head in riki's neck because of the height difference and inhaled the familiar scent he loved. "i love you so much." niki suddenly proclaimed into the comforting embrace.

this was the first time he had said it out loud so it caught sunoo off guard. sunoo backed up his head so he could see his lover's face. "am i hearing things or did you just say you love me..." sunoo questioned with a squint and a groggy voice from just waking up. 

"no you're not hearing anything. i said, i love you." niki brought his lips to the latter's forehead and planted a gentle kiss. sunoo's cheeks were on fire as he blushed profusely. of course he knew they loved one another but he never heard the other say those words from his mouth.

"i'm too shy to look at you right now." sunoo stated as he hid his face into the younger's chest. niki was going to explode if sunoo continued to pull on his heart like this. "you're cute." riki cooed with a chuckle.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

sunoo got himself ready for the day as riki put away the groceries he had gotten earlier. after he finished placing everything in their rightful place, he began to set up the living room with blankets and pillows. 

sunoo emerged from their bedroom and questioned what this boyfriend was doing with about ten blankets and pillows. "what are you doing?" sunoo walked over to the entrance of the living quarter where riki stood in the middle.

"can you help me? i'm trying to build a fort but i can't do it." riki sighed as he stared at the pile of bedding items, he was having a difficult time doing it by himself. 

sunoo's lips formed into a gentle smile as he stared at the other's poutful expression. he was so in love.

"i'll only help you on one condition." sunoo held up his index finger to emphasize the 'one'. riki looked over to the shorter with and eyebrow raised. 

"i'll help you in exchange of one kiss." sunoo continued with full confidence. riki held back his smile as he decided it was the perfect opportunity to tease sunoo. so he walked over to where sunoo stood and watched as the older closed his eyes and waited for a kiss to be placed on his lips.

riki being the playful partner that he was, he leaned in and swerved over to kiss sunoo's cheek. sunoo's eyes opened instantly as he frowned. "what? you said one kiss?" niki smirked as he played oblivious to what sunoo meant.

"hey! you know what i meant." sunoo narrowed his eyes and pretended to be mad at the younger.

"you said 'one kiss', so that's what i did." riki shrugged and turned around to walk back to where he stood originally. sunoo thought of a grand idea. he began to run up to the taller and tackled him onto the sea of blankets and pillows.

riki groaned as they hit the floor with sunoo on top of him. "what are you? a quarter back?" he teased again at the male that hovered over him with a cheeky grin. "no but you owe me something, sir." 

niki pretended to think for a moment, "ohhh, you mean this?" he lifted himself up to reach sunoo and finally connected their lips softly. both of them began to smile into the kiss, they were over the moon. 

sunoo separated from the kiss and went back onto his feet to hold out his hand in order to help riki back up. "was that so hard?" sunoo smiled as the other stood as well.

"okay fine, can we please build the fort now?" riki impatiently asked with a chuckle. 

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

after two hours, the fort that the two built was complete. blankets sat on top of the sofas to act as a ceiling and the couple sat on the floor beneath it in a pile of soft covers and pillows. the two planned on watching scary movies because they always watched them together. 

"i'll be back." niki stood up from their comfortable position before the movie started and ran to the kitchen to get the food and snacks he had purchased earlier. when he returned, sunoo's eyes lightened up at the sight of delicious foods.

"what's the occasion baby? why are we sitting under a fort with food?" sunoo finally questioned what all this was for. today had already been such an amazing day for both of them. just being in the company of one another was enough for sunoo, he didn't need anything else.

"there's no reason, i just wanted us to have a date, just the two of us." riki placed all the food and drink items down and sat next to his boyfriend. 

as soon as he sat down, he was ingulfed into a big hug. "i love you too, riki." 

  ☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

a/n: a glimpse into their past relationship🤗.