nine.

"and then he like- looked at my lips! it was so weird..." sunoo exclaimed as he dramatically fell back into the seat. harua's mouth was wide open. "so you're telling me, your ex boyfriend is the new head producer of the same company you work at. and today you had to do his hair and makeup, then you guys had a weird staring contest and he looked at your lips?" the younger restated all the information that had just been thrown at him.

"that's exactly what i'm saying." sunoo sighed while covering his face with his palms. "okay i get that interaction may have been uncomfortable and awkward, but why are you so distraught over it? it's not like you still have feelings for him still, so why does it matter if he looked at you for too long?" harua quizzed the older male with a shrug.

this statement snapped sunoo back to reality. "you're right... why am i so shaken up about this little thing? i one hundred percent don't like him or anything." sunoo stood up from his seat in realization. however, something in the back of his head was telling him completely opposite.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

the rest of the day passed fairly smoothly. sunoo apologized to jo for ghosting him, to which jo kindly accepted. jo offered to take sunoo home this time to make up for when he hadn't at the party. sunoo was in no position to refuse the kind offer, since he was exhausted from the long day he had. 

once sunoo arrived home and said his goodbyes to jo, he did his nightly routine before snuggling into bed with his feline companion. the raven hair oddly enough, found it difficult to sleep. so he decided he would watch a little youtube to settle his mind and hopefully put himself to sleep.

while scrolling on his suggested home feed, he stumbled upon a video from his company's main channel. it was nishimura riki's recent interview. he wonder how it had already been uploaded, since the interview took place just a few hours ago. nonetheless, sunoo's curiosity had gotten the best of him and he clicked the video. 

after a few short ads, sunoo's heart began to race as the image of his ex lover popped onto his laptop screen. he took a deep breath before continuing to watch the recording. 

"hello, we are here with our company's new head producer that will be working with all of our artists to create some new and fresh music! it's so nice to have you here, nishimura riki!" the interviewer announced to the camera before turning her attention to the tall, blond, male that sat in front of her. 

niki smiled politely before responding. "thank you for having me here, it's an honor." sunoo's eyebrows subconsciously raised from their calm position when he seen the visual of the younger. he wore a white tank top with a yellow flannel. the makeup and hair suited him extremely well and his features stood out like no other. 

sunoo pulled himself out of the thought that his ex was extremely attractive right now, and focused on the video. "so, i like to ask all people in the music industry the same first question. what inspired you to get into music?" there was a pause after the interviewer had asked the question. as if niki had been hesitant to answer truthfully.

"in all honestly, a person i used to be close with inspired me." when sunoo heard the younger admit that, something in his stomach dropped. he wondered who in his life could have had such an impact on him that he started an entire career. quite frankly, something in sunoo felt a little bitter about that fact.

"could you tell us more?" the interviewer egged on. niki placed his bottom lip between his teeth before shyly continuing. "this person and i, we lost contact around two years ago. i was devastated so i found comfort in music. i wrote music to help get myself out of that rough patch and that's when i decided i wanted to help others do the same. being a producer allowed me to do that." niki gave a small smile. 

sunoo's heart began to ache. he didn't think that he would be the muse of this past lover. sunoo felt a drop of water fall onto his hand and he wiped his face, only to realize he had unknowingly cried. why did hearing how hard niki and his breakup was for the latter affect him so much? why did he care? 

"okay next question..." the interview continued but sunoo couldn't hear it. he focused purely on the man he used to be so deeply in love with. his heart felt as if it was being ripped out from its place in his chest. why is he suddenly feeling all of this hurt coming back up from years ago? he couldn't figure it out so he shut the computer and decided it was time for bed. his body needed the rest from all the crying that he had done.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

riki arrived home from a long night at work. he was beyond tired so he decided that a warm bath would allow his body to relax. as he sat in the tub, his brain returned to the events from the day. niki stared at the ceiling as he thought back to the dressing room where he and sunoo had been together. 

niki felt as if the emptiness within his heart had been momentarily filled. his eyes closed as he reimagined the amber colored irises that poured back into his. the blond had felt a spark, as if he were being electrocuted as they gazed into one another's soul. he thought about the perfectly shaped lips that looked soft to the touch. the twenty-three year old man pondered why he had the urge to feel them against his once more.

immediately after the thought crossed his mind, he opened his eyes and sat up. there was no way in hell he just thought about kissing his ex boyfriend. that thought needed to be erased from his train of thought. but, he questioned if it would it be so bad...

i mean, they had done a lot together. they were each other's first for pretty much everything. niki wondered if sunoo had thought about kissing him too. the two had gotten closer to each other today as they had in years. it kind of excited riki... he wanted that feeling again.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓