twelve.

flashback: over 3 years ago

"i can't do it." niki anxiously paced back and forth while his best friend Jake stared at him with folded arms. "you have to bro, you never show any interest in anyone ever and now you have the perfect opportunity to talk to someone super attractive!" jake attempted to encourage the boy.

"that's exactly why i cant! i've never went up to someone, especially someone that attractive..." niki paused his pacing to stare at the stranger that stood only a few feet away. the boy laughed at something his friend had said and his bright smile flooded riki's stomach with butterflies. 

the twenty year old was completely smitten with this random person he seen as he and his friend had a good time at an amusement park. however, he refused to talk to the mystery boy. he had never talked to anyone, let alone dated anyone so you can imagine how nervous he was seeing such a breath taking person.

"come on, do it or i will!" jake smacked the taller male's arm. he was done watching his younger friend basically drool at the sight of the random boy, so he knew that threatening niki would instantly make him go into action. 

and jake's hypothesis was in fact correct. as he watched the younger instantly begin to walk away in the direction of the mystery man. niki's palms began to sweat with every step he took but he kept his composure and a calm demeaner. as he approached the small group of friends, they began to acknowledge his presence with confused glances.

the laughter died down as he stood directly in front of the shorter male he oh so badly wanted to talk to. the latter tilted his head, puzzled on the sudden appearance of the taller. "uh- i'm riki." niki spoke, followed by a nervous gulp. the boy gave him a gentle smile. "i'm sunoo." 

"i know this is sudden but could we talk over there for a second?" riki scratched the back of his head in anxiousness, he didn't want sunoo to get any wrong ideas about his intentions but he desperately wanted to talk to the shorter male.

"of course! i'll be right back guys." sunoo turned back to his friends as they nodded and gave thumbs up in acknowledgment. niki began to walk to a cotton candy stand that wasn't too far from where they were, with sunoo trailing behind him. 

once they arrived, sunoo spoke first. "so what did you want to talk about?" he studied the boy's shy expression and waited for his reply. "i wanted to know if i could... have your number? i seen you over there and i think you're really pretty..." sunoo's face flushed red at the confession. 

truthfully, sunoo thought the latter was extremely handsome as well. the taller's timid behavior was adorable in his eyes. sunoo nodded, still flustered by the other's words. "thank you, i think you're pretty as well." they both shared a chuckle and sunoo continued. "also, yes. can i see your phone?" niki beamed in relief and happiness that he wasn't being rejected and reached for his phone in his pocket but couldn't feel it in the place he had left it in.

now, it was the taller's turn to blush in embarrassment as he remembered where he had put his phone. "um i think i left my phone with my friend." he shyly laughed and scratched his nape. sunoo giggled at the latter's clumsiness and grabbed his phone to give to the boy. "here, you can just give me your number." 

after putting his number into the device he handed the phone back and accidently touched hands with sunoo. the two quickly retracted there hands awkwardly and looked away. "i should probably head back to my friends now..." sunoo shyly stared at the ground, as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"that's okay." niki gave sunoo a warm smile. "it was nice to meet you riki." sunoo flashed one last bright smile before walking back towards the group of people who teasingly greeted him. niki watched from afar and mentally cursed himself for 'ruining' his chances by being so awkward and clumsy.

he was sure that sunoo wouldn't contact him because he assumed he had made a wrong impression. 

riki made his way back to jake as he excitedly asked a million questions on how the interaction had went. "so did you get his number?" niki let out a dramatic exhale and jake took that as a no. 

"i forgot that i gave you my phone so i gave him my number instead. but i'm pretty sure he won't text or call..." riki sighed. 

"have some confidence bro. did he say anything good at least?" jake always tried to stay on the positive sides of things. he figured that if you can't change something, you could at least look for the good in it. 

"yeah, he complimented me... but i think he was just being nice man." jake smacked niki in the back of the head after he heard him say the last sentence.

"stop being so whiney, you should be happy he complimented you and agreed to exchange numbers. it could have gone way worse!" niki realize the situation really had went better than he thought it did.

"you're right. now let's go home now, i'm tired." 

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

that night, sunoo had debated on if he should contact the male he had just met or if he should wait until the next day. putting his better judgement aside, he was actually excited to talk to the new boy. he was interested and wanted to learn more about the guy who he had just met hours before. 

he looked for the contact and pressed call. "hello?" he heard a deep voice call from the other end of the phone and it sent shivers down his spine. "hi, this is sunoo! the one you met at the amusement park." sunoo heard silence and the sound of shifting from the phone.

niki set the phone down on his bed and stood up to celebrate by throwing punches into the air. he was ecstatic that the cute guy actually had called him back and not just ignored their interaction today. "hello?" he heard the voice call out from his device.

he immediately ran back to his bed to lay back in his previous position. "uh yeah i'm here. i'm just happy you called." sunoo smiled into the phone even though he knew the latter couldn't see it. 

"i'm happy i called too."

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

A/N: i've been having so much writers block it's crazy.