twenty nine.

sunoo heard his alarm going off but his body refused to get up. sunoo felt shit.

he knew that he unfortunately, had to get up. he was exhausted and feeling lazy. he could have simply not gone into work but he wanted to make sure that riki was feeling okay since he must have been sick yesterday.

"dubu, should i just say fuck it and stay in bed all day? if yes, blink." sunoo spoke to the cat that stood next to his bed and peered up at him as his face was still smashed into the pillow. 

weirdly enough, dubu refused to blink for over a minute. sunoo sat up, baffled. did his cat finally understand him after all this time? or maybe it was a sign to get up and go to work.

"the one time i want you to ignore me, you respond. who's side are you on?" the man narrowed his eyes in suspicion of the feline. 

the cat just walked away and left the room. 

"wow." sunoo said to himself in disbelief of the betrayal. now it was actually time to head to work.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

when the raven walked into work, the atmosphere felt more weird than yesterday. 

when he made it to his floor of work, there was a large group of employee's surrounding the large television in the sitting area. 

he spotted jungwon and harua standing and watching as well so he walked up beside them and seen that they were watching the news. "what's happening?" sunoo asked harua.

"there was an accident." the younger spoke and sunoo just listened to what the reporter was saying.

"two days ago, a twenty three year old male driver turned into the wrong lane while a semi-truck drove in that same direction. the driver attempted to move out of the lane, causing the vehicle to completely lose control and propel at 150mph. the driver of the vehicle is in extremely critical conditions as of now." the screen showed the black car completely flipped onto the topside in the middle of the road.

sunoo knew. he knew it was riki.

everything aligned with the description. the date, the age, the car, everything.

there was no words strong enough to describe the emotion the raven felt. 

"sunoo? sunoo are you okay?" jungwon grew concerned as he seen sunoo staring blankly at the screen.

without warning, sunoo fell to his knees. all he could feel was anguish. he couldn't cry, he couldn't speak, he just kneeled.

everyone panicked at his abrupt reaction. jungwon bent down to try and pick sunoo back onto his feet but he wouldn't budge. "a little help, harua?" he turned to the younger that was still shocked over sunoo's sudden behavior.

he quickly snapped out of it and the two of them lifted the male and brought him to the couch. everyone in the room looked at sunoo with concern. 

"sunoo, sunoo can you hear me?" jungwon waved his hand in front of sunoo only to receive no response in return.

the raven was so in utter shock that his entire body just shut down completely.

the gut feeling he had was correct, something was in fact wrong. everything was wrong. sunoo wasn't even one hundred percent sure that riki was even alive. 

he couldn't even breathe or think. he just sat there while everyone raced around trying to figure out what was wrong with him. "harua call jo." jungwon instructed the japanese male to which he instantly did as told.

"jo, i think there's something wrong with sunoo. hurry up and come to the hair and makeup floor." harua rushed out without formally greeting the other on the phone.

"sunoo breathe." jungwon continued to try and get sunoo to snap out of his daze. a few minutes later, jo showed up panting harshly.

"wh-what's wrong? is he okay?" the tall male walked up next to jungwon that was in front of the older.

"i think he's in shock or something, he's not responding." jungwon responded while he continuously attempted to make sunoo take a deep breath.

"what happened? should we call the ambulance?" jo turned his focus to harua who was biting his nails anxiously.

"i don't know, we were just all watching the news about a car accident and then-" jo cut the younger off before he could finish.

"wait a minute, a car accident?"

harua nodded before continuing, "yeah, two days ago there was a really bad car accident. the car flipped completely over." 

"what did they say about the driver?" jo was beginning to put the pieces together.

"they said it was a twenty three year old male and he's in extremely bad condition. why?" harua was confused as to why this information mattered at the moment. 

jo's eyes widened and he looked over to sunoo's state. no wonder the younger male didn't show up to work yesterday and why sunoo is so shaken by the news.

"jungwon, it's okay i'll take him home. i know what happened." jo gave a sad smile to jungwon and harua before lifting sunoo onto his feet and putting his arm onto his shoulder. 

everyone else in the room was still confused on what happened as they watched jo carry the male away.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

jo placed the older male into his car and put the seatbelt across his body. sunoo just stared straight ahead with no emotion on his face.

when jo sat into his seat, he grabbed onto the steering wheel and put his head down on it before sighing deeply. 

he hated seeing sunoo so distressed and traumatized just as much as he hated the reason why. he never would have wanted this to happen to the younger, in fact he was actually growing a liking to him. when riki wasn't attacking jo, he was an amazing and kind person. 

this was all a mess.

the man started up the car and drove directly to the raven's home. while he drove, he stole short glances at the other in the passenger seat only to find the same look on his face. it was sad sight.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

a/n: jo is precious😤