thirteen.

present time:

it had been three days since sunoo decided to avoid his ex boyfriend. and luckily for him, it's worked perfectly. every time he sees even a glance of the younger, he immediately flees from the area. 

unlucky for niki, he has yet to see the older to talk and it has really been bothering him. he could tell that the other was avoiding him because he hasn't even seen a trace of the raven. it was as if he was never around which was impossible because they worked in the same building every day.

it was now the end of the workweek and everyone prepared to go home, sunoo included. the universe had other ideas though, as the rain began to pour down right before sunoo planned to leave the building.

jo was also on his way to leave work and seen sunoo standing and staring somberly out the glass entrance. this was adorable in jo's eyes. sunoo was always adorable in his eyes. 

he figured that sunoo didn't have a ride home or an umbrella so he began to walk up to the older. when he approached the raven haired, he didn't even notice his presence because he was so deep in thought. 

"you need a ride?" jo politely asked sunoo as quietly as possible so he wouldn't scare the older with his sudden presence. sunoo looked upwards to the younger with a soft smile. "please." the elder of the two replied sweetly. 

but before jo could answer back, a boom of a voice interrupted him. "sunoo!" sunoo's eyes grew in size and he instantly froze in his position. he had been caught.

"sunoo, can we please talk?" niki desperately pleaded with the older that was still facing jo, refusing to turn in the other direction. 

jo's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. he wondered why sunoo was acting so shocked that his 'friend' wanted to talk with him. nonetheless, he seen how uncomfortable sunoo looked and didn't want to just stand by with no action, that would be wrong.

"i don't think he wants to talk to you." jo broke the eye contact with sunoo and turned his head to look at riki. this reaction was not something that niki liked very much. 

"he doesn't need you to speak for him." riki snapped at the male and began to walk closer towards them. now, jo was taking full offence to what the younger was saying. "well, it's pretty obvious he doesn't want to." jo stood his ground. 

sunoo was surprised, he had never seen jo use that type of aggressive tone. it kind of scared him. niki walked even closer to jo as they stood face to face, both scowling at one another. "it's also obvious that i wasn't fucking talking to you."  niki snarled in japanese at the older male.

sunoo had no idea what riki was saying but he knew it wasn't any good. niki only used japanese when he was extremely pissed or extremely happy, no in between. and sunoo knew that this conversation would only escalate so he knew it was time to step in.

"it's okay jo, i'll just ride with him." sunoo gave a forced smile to attempt to ease the high tensions in the air. "are you sure?" jo asked reassuringly. sunoo nodded and patted jo's back. "yeah, thank you though. we'll go now." sunoo smiled once more before looking back at niki. 

"lets go." he said in a warning tone. riki just nodded and glared at jo one last time before following sunoo out the door. this left jo puzzled once again. he questioned what those two's relationship was. it seemed as if they were secretly dating or something. jo's head began to hurt from guessing so he just let it go, for now. 

when sunoo and riki left the building, the rain was still pouring down harshly so they ran to the younger's car but still became drenched in rain when they sat in the seats. there was silence as the two shivered, teeth chattering. "can y-ou put on- on the heat?" sunoo stuttered between the shivers. they were both freezing. 

niki quickly did as asked and turned on the car. "can we go to my house to talk?" niki asked as he began to exit the parking lot. "okay."

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

once they arrived at riki's home he offered sunoo to take a warm shower and wear his clothes instead of the soaking wet ones, to which sunoo agreed. "here you go." niki awkwardly handed the clothing to the younger. "thanks." sunoo walked into the restroom.

sunoo figured he could take this time to mentally prepare himself for whatever niki wanted to talk about. obviously he knew he wanted to talk about the kiss (more of a make out session) but it also seemed like he wanted to talk about something else which bothered sunoo.

finishing up his much needed shower, he dressed into the warm and comfortable clothing he was given and walked out the room to find an also freshly showered riki waiting for him on the couch. the raven hair sat on the cushion next to him but refused to make eye contact.

"can you at least look at me as we talk." riki sighed. sunoo slowly turned his head and finally looked the other in the eye. "what did you want to talk about?" 

"us..."

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓