seventeen.

present time

after leaving riki's apartment, sunoo used the elevator to reach the lobby. once he arrived, he looked out the windows only to find that the rain hadn't came to an end. 

the raven became frustrated, he was basically stuck at his ex boyfriend's apartment building. he could have called jo but he didn't want to bother the male any more than he already has. sunoo had three choices.

one, make a run for it in the freezing rain with no jacket nor an umbrella and risk getting sick. two, stay in the lobby and wait until the rain came to a halt. or three, go back up to niki's apartment and ask for a ride home.

we all knew choice number three wasn't really a choice at all for sunoo. he would rather get stuck in the freezing rain and get every sickness known to man. 

so sunoo being the stubborn boy that he was, chose option number two. 

the lobby was empty besides the receptionist that was asleep at the front desk with her head smashing the letters on the keyboard. there wasn't any sound other than the wisp of the air vents and the taps of raindrops that fell onto the outside pavements and windows.

sunoo found a red couch that was tucked in the corner of the open space. there were other seats but they looked far less comfortable than the sofa. sunoo sat down on the cushion and faced the large windows.

he watched the raindrops chase one another down the glass surface. the gentle rhythm the water droplets created and the quiet, was like a warm blanket that swaddled sunoo. his eyelids became heavier and heavier with every tap of water.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

thirty minutes had passed and the raining came to a cease. "sir?" sunoo felt someone softly shake his shoulder. "sir?" he heard a feminine voice call to him and his eyelids slowly opened.

"i'm very sorry for waking you, but you can't sleep here." the lady gave him a small smile and bowed before walking way.

sunoo realized he had fallen asleep and instantly looked outside to find that the rain finally had came to an end. he could go home.

the raven haired got up from the sofa and left out the front entrance. the air was humid and the ground was covered in water as expected, but sunoo didn't care.

he started to walk to the nearest bus stop where he sat and waited for the public transportation.

around thirty minutes later, he was back home after an extremely long and exhausting day. "dubu!" the young man called out for his favorite living thing in the world, his cat. 

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

as sunoo ate an entire carton of ice cream and binge watched a show on netflix, he decided he didn't want to go to work and risk seeing 'you know who'. so the male decided he would take a very much needed break from his job. 

of course he had to tell his director first, that he would be gone for a long extended period. "hello?" jungwon, picked up immediately after seeing that his favorite coworker was calling.

"hi jungwon, i wanted to let you know that i won't be back into work for a while." sunoo was feeling down and it was very obvious in his tone. jungwon was skilled when it came to picking up on small social ques. he knew something was wrong.

"are you okay?" of course jungwon was concerned, not only because sunoo was the best cosmetologist in the company, but because jungwon was fond of the older and enjoyed seeing sunoo show up to work with a big smile. unfortunately, in the past few weeks, sunoo appeared to be preoccupied mentally.

"yes, i'm just having some personal problems and i just wanted to let you know so that you're not too worried about my lack of presence." jungwon knew that sunoo very much needed this however-long break so he chose not to pry.

"okay, i hope everything turns out okay for you, sunoo." there was a moment of silence between the line. sunoo needed to hear those words even if they were insignificant and out of politeness. 

"thank you, i hope so as well." sunoo pressed the red button that ended the phone call. 

he thought about what he could do with all the free time he had but his only thought was to rot in his large bed all day. so that's exactly what he did.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓