forty.

it was sunday, the day before riki would return to working at 'grey entertainment'. today was also the day that sunoo and riki would announce their relationship to their friends.

they planned to have a dinner party with close friends to not only celebrate riki's recovery, but also to inform everyone they are back together as a couple. 

everyone planned to meet at a restaurant in the middle of seoul. 

"do you think everyone will be shocked?" the raven heard niki ask over the phone speaker. 

"hm... i don't think so. jo literally asked me if i was still in love with you when i skipped work for two weeks." sunoo chuckled as he searched his closet for the perfect outfit to go out tonight.

"my friends asked me that too." riki's laugh echoed in sunoo's ears. "i guess they knew before us." sunoo smiled to himself.

after a few hours of preparing, both men were finally finished freshening up to their best abilities. they looked dashing. 

"i'll see you when we get there, jay is picking me up right now." riki stated before the two bid their goodbyes and hung up the ongoing call.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

the two brother's arrived at the place that everyone agreed to come to. when the blond made it to the table he realized everyone was already present except one person, sunoo.

jake, sunghoon, jo, heeseung, harua, and jungwon conversed among themselves until they noticed the presence of niki and jay.

"niki!" heeseung stood up from his seat to embrace the younger male. the smiles were prominent on everyone's faces when they seen how healthy and happy riki looked. 

all the friends settled in their seats after their greetings. around ten minutes had passed and finally, riki was the first to notice sunoo walking up towards their table.

he instantly raised to his feet to welcome the older, which caught everyone elses attention as well. 

riki walked over to where sunoo stood and enveloped the shorter into a warm embrace. all the others were surprised by the actions of the blond (some more than others) and shared shocked glances.

when the two parted from the hug, sunoo had forgotten they had company so when he met their stunned faces, his cheeks flushed a bright red color.

niki led the raven towards the seat next to him and they took a seat. "sorry i'm late!" sunoo apologized for his late arrival to the dinner. the walk from the bust stop was a little farther than he assumed it would be. "it's okay, as long as you're here now." niki gave the older a loving smile.

"so... what's this all about?" jake pointed to the couple. he decided to let his curiosity flow and ask the question that was on everyone's mind. 

sunoo and riki glanced at each other before the blond started to speak for the both of them. "we're back together." he slid his hand into the other's under the table. it was simple but sunoo loved the comfort that the taller male always brought to him.

some of their friends held bright smiles at the announcement, some had confused expressions, and some were fairly surprised. 

"you two were together before? wait a minute... sunoo, is this the ex that you were panicking about because he kissed you that one day?" harua put the pieces of the puzzle together inside his brain and out loud.

sunoo became extremely red, once again. he didn't expect to get exposed all of a sudden. the blond couldn't stop himself from breaking out into a small fit of laughter. 

the raven playfully hit the younger's shoulder and then responded to harua's question. "uh, yeah that's the one..." this time, chuckles were heard all around the large table of nine.

"i knew it!" jo suddenly declared with a small grin. thankfully, jo was almost completely over sunoo. he realized they were better as friends and he liked having the older around, even platonically.

"me too! me and heeseung bet twenty dollars that you two would get back together to be honest." jake confessed sheepishly. 

"i'm happy for you guys, just don't mess up this time nik." jay congratulated the couple with the others following suite afterword.

the night was filled with laughter and remembrance.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

as it got later in the night, it was time for everyone to head home. the men said their goodbyes and went their separate ways home. riki informed jay that he could go home by himself because he wanted to walk sunoo home.

jay of course agreed, and the pair began their walk hand and hand down the city sidewalk. although it was night, there was minimum darkness due to the brightness of the buildings and city lights.

however, it seemed like the couple were the only ones awake as there were only a few people walking to their destinations as well.

"did you have a good time?" sunoo glanced upwards to look at the male besides him. the younger thought about the party and how nice it was to see the familiar faces that he hadn't seen in a very long time since he was hospitalized.

"it was really nice, thank you for planning that for me." the blond pecked the other's temple in appreciation. the smile didn't escape sunoo's lips.

"i'm glad you liked it." they continued to walk for a little while in a comforting silence, their hands swaying together as they walked. until riki decided to speak again.

"you know, i want to spend the rest of my life with you." sunoo halted his steps and snapped his head towards the latter. it almost sounded as if the other was going to propose...

"i'm not proposing right now if that's what you're worried about." riki snorted at the shaken look that sunoo had on his face. the raven softly shoved the other with heated up cheeks.

"you must really like me if you want to be stuck with me for life..." sunoo held a ghost of a smile as he shyly looked at the rocks underneath his shoe that suddenly caught his interests.    

the taller male just held a soft gaze as he observed the other's embarrassed mannerisms. "i do. i really do..."

sunoo and riki continued their stroll side by side in the big city as riki thought deeply about their future together. he knew it would shatter him if he ever lost sunoo again. he was so deeply in love that it hurt sometimes. 

nishimura riki had broken his promise to never fall in love again. it was as if he had a 'fetish' for the other's love...

the end ☾𖤓.

a/n: thank you all for reading! i hope you enjoyed! 

i loved reading all your comments and thoughts❤️