twenty two.

as niki started to gain consciousness, he seen the blinding light of the sun flooding into the room. he squinted his eyes so that they could fully adjust. 

once the blond attempted to move, he felt the weight of something applying pressure onto the right side of his upper body. 

he glanced downwards to be surprised at the sight of kim sunoo sleeping soundly with his head on the side of his chest. riki also realized his arm was wrapped around the older as well.

once this information processed into the boy's mind, his eyes grew wide and he began to panic.

how in the world did they end up cuddling into each other? he had made sure to keep his distance so that the other wouldn't be uncomfortable, so why are they holding each other now? a million questions ran through riki's head.

it wasn't like he hated it, no. he secretly found the familiar touch comforting and nice. but he would never admit that to himself nor anyone else.

he gently retracted his arm from under the latter's head and smoothly slid out of the bedding. luckily, sunoo was a semi-heavy sleeper so he didn't notice the lack of warmth from the younger.

riki lifted his arms into a big stretch and just gazed at the older for a moment.

something deep in his heart had missed this sight. 

shaking off his sudden thoughts, he walked quietly into the restroom that he had changed his clothes in, the night before. he quickly finished his business before washing his hands and exiting the washroom.

he felt his stomach growl in hunger so he made his way out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. riki looked around to find something he could make for the two of them.

sunoo continued to sleep for a while after niki had waken up. but his rest gradually came to an end. sunoo sat up slowly and just staired off into space for a few minutes, trying to convince himself to get up fully.

after he was able to get the courage to get out of the comfortable covers, he slipped on his slippers and went out his bedroom door.

sunoo was hungry and he knew dubu would be hungry as well, so he trotted to the kitchen. he was caught by surprise when he seen the back profile of someone cooking over the stove.

"what are you doing?" he knew it had to be riki, since he slept over last night.

the sound of sunoo's deeper morning voice breaking the silence that riki had created while cooking, cause him to slightly jump. he turned around to find sunoo staring at him blankly and rubbing his eye with one hand.

"i'm making breakfast." the blond responded with a shrug. sunoo stood there and thought for a second.

"why?" 

"because i got hungry and i know you are too." niki returned back towards the stove so he could continue to cook. sunoo just rolled his eyes, (even though he knew riki was right) and went to the cabinet to get dubu her breakfast as well.

after putting her food in her bowl and calling her to eat, sunoo sat at the breakfast bar stool and waited patiently while watching niki finish his cooking.

"when did you learn how to cook? from what i remember, you almost burnt our house down every time you stepped foot in the kitchen." the raven questioned with a head tilt.

"that's not true!" riki tried to deny the accusation while he raised the spatula in the air.

"you literally set an egg on fire... 3 times." sunoo retorted with narrowed eyes.  

"that doesn't even count... and when i started living on my own i had to either learn, or starve." niki stated as he placed the fresh stack of pancakes onto the counter in front of where sunoo sat. 

"hmm, you should've just starved." sunoo joked with a big smile. niki gave him a playful glare before taking a seat beside him.

"thank you for the food, riki." the older thanked the latter as he placed some pancakes onto the plate that niki had also sat down with the pancakes. niki just nodded as he watched sunoo with a soft smile.

no one spoke as they stuffed there mouths with the delicious food.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

once they were done, sunoo got up to clean the soiled dishes. the blond stayed seated with his head propped up on his fist, and looked through his phone while he waited for sunoo to finish. 

dubu hopped onto the counter and rubbed her head against niki's, asking him to pet her. 

sunoo finished the dishes and turned around from the sink to find riki on his phone while simultaneously grazing the cat's fur with his hand.

"why are you still in my house, nishimura?" sunoo walked up to the opposite side of counter the other sat at and 'interrogated' the boy with a suspicious look. 

"why can't i be? this is what friends do isn't it?" the blond looked up from his phone.

"who said we were friends?" the raven furrowed his eyebrows. he didn't remember the two of them changing their status from 'ex's who disliked one another' to, 'friends'.

"i mean what else would you call us? we're not coming at each other's throats anymore, right?" riki answered the question with another question.

"that doesn't make us anything then." sunoo shrugged. the older figured that just because they're now able to be civil with one another, doesn't mean they have to have any type of relationship.

the older watched the blond's facial expression slowly fall. he looked slightly hurt for one spit second before placing a fake smile onto his lips.

"yeah- yeah, you're right. uh- i should get going." the taller quickly raised to his feet and made his way back into the bedroom to get his other clothing from yesterday.

for some reason, sunoo felt a pang of guilt as he stood there by himself at the counter. was what he said too harsh? it was the truth after all...

niki finished collecting his items and made his way to the front door and began to open it. 

the male abruptly stopped in his tracks with his hand still on the doorknob. he then, turned back to look towards the older. "you should go to work. don't let me get in the way of your career."

the raven softly nodded his head. 

"i'll see you tomorrow, kim sunoo." 

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓