seven.

"can we not pretend like we're strangers? it's annoying." niki responded while folding his arms onto the table. sunoo scoffed at his sudden animosity. all sunoo wanted to do was have a nice small talk with the other but apparently, that was not going to happen.

"i mean we practically are. it's been years since we even seen one another so i don't know how you expect me to act around you." sunoo fired back to the blond. initially, neither of them wanted to start challenging one another as they usually do. it kind of came naturally for them, like a second nature of some sort.

niki exhaled, history was repeating itself where the two of them couldn't have a simple conversation. "okay, i'm sorry. you're right... we haven't seen each other in a long time. i've been well. how about yourself?" niki decided that he could be civil with the older, at least for now. 

"i've been amazing. but, i think i should get going..." sunoo suddenly raised to his feet. "thank you for... everything, i guess." sunoo gave the taller a tight-lipped smile and walked back into the room that he had woken up in, to grab his jacket and shoes. 

niki rubbed his temples as he leaned over the table. the morning didn't go exactly how he wanted it to. he wanted their first full conversation in years to go a lot smoother. 

obviously, there was still some hard feelings lingering from their break up. 

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

sunoo found his seat next to the window on the city bus. his gaze observed all the passing cars and strangers that walked along the streets. the raven haired boy's mind started to wander.

he began to think back to the male he loved some moons ago. 

flashback: over two years ago

the couple had just finished one of their usual quarrels. sunoo sat on their shared bed with one leg hanging off the edge. the boy stared off in to space. he was frustrated and upset, but most of all, he was hurt.

his aimless staring was interrupted by the feeling of the bedding beside him dipping, indicating someone had sat in front of him. sunoo attempted to ignore the other until he felt a soft and large hand gently grab onto his. 

"do you know that i love you?" riki spoke with saddened eyes. sunoo's tear filled ones finally met the other's. sunoo settled for a nod, scared that if he responded in that moment, the tears would escape.

"why is this so difficult?" sunoo's silence finally broke as he whispered. the both of them knew exactly what the older meant. he wanted to know why them being together and loving each other was so complicated and hard.

riki swallowed before searching for an answer to his boyfriend's question. to his demise, he found none. "i don't know..." the two staired back at each other, no words exchanged. they were both in pain and they didn't understand why.

"but... i do know that, my love for you is strong. i know that, even if we eventually... give up..." suddenly riki had gotten choked up by his own words. it pained the male to even consider the two of them having an ending. tears fell from both of their eyes.

riki continued, "i know that even if we give up on us, you will always be my first and favorite love. i will forever love you more than i've ever loved another person in this life. that's what i know." riki used his free hand to cup the other's face and wipe the fallen tears.

"but right now, in this moment, i will keep fighting for us to stay together. no matter how many exhausting and hurt filled nights. you're the only thing that matters to me, sunoo." the younger gave the latter a sad smile before he leaned in to place a heartfelt kiss onto his lips. 

sunoo smiled into the kiss. he knew that no matter how hard things got for them, they cared and treasured one another.

end of flashback: present time

sunoo wiped the tear that had escaped from his left eye. the bus had arrived at his stop so he pulled himself together and exited the vehicle. 

as he walked down the street, couple's walked by holding hands and smiling happily to one another. sunoo felt bitter. he used to have that kind of joy but now it's all different. of course he had jo but, they weren't serious yet and he wasn't in love.

he liked jo, a lot. but he wasn't in love, especially like how smitten he was with niki. the two used to be head over hills, two peas in a pod. he's never had that connection with anyone else before. sunoo continued his walk to his house with a heavy heart. 

the raven finally arrived and opened the door. he was still feeling sick from his hangover and he was feeling down emotionally. this was not one of his best days.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓