thirty seven.

riki leaned his back against the side of the bathtub as sunoo kneeled behind him and scrubbed the shampoo into his scalp. it was peaceful and relaxing for the both of them. the only sound heard was the water droplets escaping the faucet and tapping onto the water below.

riki closed his eyes to let himself relax and allowed his mind wonder.

"what are you thinking about?" sunoo questioned as he continued to rake his fingers through the younger's hair. he gave small massages here and there to sooth the man even more. 

"our kiss." the man replied while his eyes remained shut. sunoo paused the action of washing and stared at the blond's hair for a second.

"what about our kiss?..." the raven questioned before he got the showerhead and began to rinse out the shampoo he previously scrubbed into the other's hair. as the sudds collected into the bathwater that riki sat in.

"just wondering if you liked it as much as i did." riki said with no shame.

"how can you say things like that so openly?" the older was still rising the bubbles out of the blond's hair whist talking at the same time.

"i'm curious, that's all." niki shrugged as he felt the warm water trickling down his body. 

sunoo thought about his response for a moment. would he shamelessly admit to enjoying the kiss or should he deny.

"i did." the taller's eyes finally opened as he looked up at the male staring down to him. "you did?" he wanted to make sure he heard the latter correctly before acting on his next thoughts. 

"yes." sunoo nodded reassuringly with a smile. but before he could say another syllable, riki used his good arm to quickly (but gently) pull sunoo into the warm, soapy, water along with him. 

the older raised up from the water and was about to scream at the other for doing that so suddenly, while he still had all his pajamas on. however, the male didn't have a moment to as he felt two lips pressed onto his. 

the raven was shocked but nevertheless, his body naturally reciprocated the kiss. the younger deepened the kiss and grabbed onto sunoo's hips so that he was straddling him in the water.

suddenly sunoo's brain started to work again and he immediately pulled away from the kiss in panic. 

"wait! aren't you hurt? what are you doing?" he was scared that all this movement was hurtful to riki's wounds. he didn't want him to accidently make anything worse.

"i'm fine, trust me?" riki reassured the latter as he looked into his fox-like eyes. he didn't want him to worry when he felt perfectly fine.

the raven hesitantly nodded and niki reconnected their lips once again hungerly. sunoo had long forgotten about the fact that he was pulled into the bathtub with his pajamas still on. all he could focus on was the nude male that he was sitting on top of.

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

eventually, the two decided it would be easier to just bathe together after the 'certain activities' that took place.

the two had finally exited the restroom and entered the blond's bedroom where sunoo helped riki get redressed, along with himself. they sat back onto the bed and sunoo naturally began to dry the younger's hair. 

"i missed that too." the younger commented as the latter dried his hair with a towel. 

"i'm still mad at you for pulling me into your bathwater while i was fully clothed." sunoo retorted in an annoyed voice. he secretly wasn't mad at all, he enjoyed the time with the latter just as much as he did.

riki turned his body around to meet the other that still had the towel in his hand. the older was caught off guard with the sudden change in position, as now they were parallel to one another. 

"i'm still in love with you, kim sunoo." the blond blurted out. waiting for sunoo's reaction, he held his breath.

the raven's mind went completely blank and his jaw dropped. he was utterly speechless as his eyes searched the younger's for any sort of sign that he was joking. however, riki's facial expression was laced with sincerity and seriousness.

"h-huh?" the older furrowed his eyebrows, his brain was still trying to process what came out of the other's mouth. 

riki took a deep inhale, preparing himself to spill his heart out to the one in front of him. being vulnerable was always a slight struggle in his life. he trusted sunoo so it was always easier to open up to him than with other people.

"when i got in the car accident, it was because i was too focused on my thoughts about you. from the first time we seen each other again, my thoughts only consisted of you." niki gulped and gently cupped sunoo's cheek with one hand, then proceeded to continue his confession.

"before i passed out, i thought i wasn't going to live. then, your face played in my mind and i was afraid of death." a single tear fell from riki's emotion filled eyes. he wanted sunoo to know everything no matter if he faced rejection or not.

"i wasn't scared to die, i was scared to leave you." 

sunoo's lip trembled as the prickling of salty water collected in his tear ducts. he couldn't even gather words to respond properly so he just pulled riki into a tight embrace as the tears fell onto the latter's shirt. 

he didn't even want to imagine the pain he would feel if he lost the younger that day.

"i realized how short life is. and i don't want to spend it without you, sunoo. i love you and i'm sorry for everything i've put you through. i was stupid to let you go the first time and i don't want to lose you again." sunoo pulled away from the embrace so he could see the latter. this time, it was sunoo that wiped riki's tears and held both sides of his face. 

sunoo smiled softly at the tearstained expression on the younger's features. riki's face was flushed and the tip of his nose was bright red. 

"i'm in love with you too, riki." happy tears shed from sunoo's amber eyes. "let's try again."

☾𖤓☾𖤓☾𖤓

a/n: i seen enhypen live on the 18th🤭