Chapter 30

Standing in the closet that held the time turners, Harry clutched onto the one he was going to use but was reluctant to turn it back for the first time. He knew what kind of pain was coming when he did it and was less than thrilled to re-experience the whole thing, let alone do what was needed when he got there. Clutching the invisibility cloak around him, he checked to make sure he had everything he needed tucked away as well as the three notes clutched tightly in his hand as he wasn't going to be able to do much thinking through the pain when he got back. The plan was in place, how to go about it was laid out but that didn't mean he wanted to suffer through that 'vision' and the pain that went along with it again. He had to though so, rather than keep dwelling on it, he steeled himself for what was to come then began to turn it backwards, making sure, as he always did, to be precise. When he stopped and the blur that always accompanied going back sped by the one who had stopped, the pain once more hit him like a hammer, almost driving him to his knees.

Concentrating on staying as focused as he could get, Harry activated the Portkey then was whisked away. When he landed, he had to gulp several times to keep the rising gorge down then slowly made his way down the tunnel to the statue. Any other time he would have checked the map but, right now, his head hurt so bad he couldn't see straight. He and Tom had calculated the best they could when to land and where Draco would be so that's what he went by. Making certain his entire body was completely covered by the cloak, he exited the tunnel then looked around. As they had planned, Draco was still in sight so he hissed his name as loudly as he dared. When he saw the blond look back, he lowered the invisibility cloak enough so that he could see his face then motioned for him to come there.

Seeing the blood still dripping from the scar, Draco looked around to make sure that there was no one about then hurried back to Potter. Seeing from his face that he was still in obvious pain, he said, quietly, "What do you need?"

Gulping repeatedly to try to keep the contents of his stomach in place, Harry just thrust three notes in his hand, each with a name. Panting, he said, "Read yours then go get Thor." Then he began to fumble for the Marauder's Map that was in his pocket.

Nodding, Draco quickly tore into his then read it. Making sure he had the whole thing memorized, he lit in on fire before saying, "Got it. The map?"

Handing it over, Harry told him, slipping the cloak off and sitting down heavily, "Just hurry, alright? Get Hermione first and make sure I get the map back."

Nodding, Draco dashed off after a quick 'will do'. Looking down at the map, he quickly found Granger's name not far off and headed her direction at top speed.

After getting close then seeing on the map she was just around the corner, he tucked it into his robes then rounded it, almost literally running into her. Seeing her puff up and looking to go on a tirade of some kind, he stopped it before it began by saying, "It's Potter. He's back that way by the statue!" Pointing back to where he had left Harry, he told her, "Go to him. Something's wrong. I'm going to find a teacher."

Though many questions she wanted answers to boiled up in her mind, Hermione just nodded then said, "Alright," before hurrying off in the direction he had pointed. Concerned, she moved as fast as she could, wand out.

Relieved that it went well with Granger and he didn't have to get into some long explanation, he pulled the map back out then looked for Prof. Rowle's name. Seeing it just one floor below, seeming to be walking around, probably patrolling, he took off in that direction as fast as he could. This was big, really big, and he didn't want to mess it up or give it a chance for someone else to get involved before he could find who he needed.

Thor was doing his normal nightly assigned patrol before calling it a night. Of all the things he had to do, this was the least stressful of his duties and responsibilities. He would be the first to admit to himself that what he was doing, and the dangerous dance that came along with it, was hard. Going in, he had expected it to be a difficult thing to pull off but as time wore on it grew worse. There was so much at stake and the fear of being found out was high enough that it wore on him. It was worth it, though, so he would continue. Not to mention that the Dark Lord trusted him to do this. There was no way he was going to let him down.