Chapter 35

Barty helped them to the entrance to the family wing then let Harry take it from there. Nodding to his friend, Harry then shifted all Sirius' weight onto him then, slowly, led his godfather into the family wing, following Tom's lead. After being directed into one of the spare, empty rooms there, Harry helped to seat his godfather in one of the chairs before starting to check him over more, brow furrowed as he did. No, the injuries didn't appear to be that bad, but there were a great many of them. It was his leg he was most worried about as it was bleeding fairly heavily.

Stepping back after giving Sirius a once over, he glanced at Tom. He was, after all, the better healer when it came to these things. Though he, himself, could do minor things, he thought it best to let Tom take this one. Looking back at Sirius, he said, "Let him take this. He'll get you fixed up. I don't think you need a real healer, but it's best to let him take a look first."

Eyes sliding to Voldemort, wary look on his face, Sirius then looked at Harry before nodding. Oh, hell no, he didn't like this situation at all, but there was little choice in the matter.

Stepping closer, Tom glanced at the wounds. With a practiced eye, he could see that they weren't that serious and he could easily handle them. However, with the look Black was giving him, he decided it was time to put the 'patient' more at ease. Looking at the ex-Auror, he said, "What you're about to see goes no further than this wing, understood?"

Looking at the Dark Lord cautiously, Sirius then glanced at Harry, who was just smiling at him, before looking back. Giving a nod, more wary, he then waited to see what was going to happen.

Letting the serpentine glamour slide away, Tom then crouched down in front of Black, assessing his wounds more closely. Some were serious, yes, but nothing he couldn't handle. "Alright, this should be easy enough. I'll have you fixed up in a couple minutes."

Eyes widening to the point that they were about to fall out, Sirius stared at Voldemort then looked at Harry. Sure, his godson had told him this part, but it was one thing to hear it and another to see it.

Grinning, Harry couldn't help but chuckle at the look on Sirius' face. Then he mouthed 'told you so' but said nothing aloud.

About an hour later, Sirius was pretty much patched up. Everything was healed and he had taken some blood replenisher to help with the loss of it. From his end, he was now ready to go and said so. Shrugging, he added, "As long as I don't go back close to where I was, I'll be fine. They'll be off my tail and I can find somewhere else to stay."

"Sirius! I told you that you can stay here! There's no sense for you to have to stay living on the run and scrounging for everything when we have plenty of room for you! You wouldn't have anything to worry about here and it would be fine. There's no way that anyone can find you if you're with us," Harry protested, folding his arms over his chest.

Glancing at the normal looking Voldemort, Sirius then shook his head, "That's probably not a good idea, Harry. I'd just end up causing problems if I stayed."

Seeing Harry about to launch in to convince his godfather, Tom cut in, "Harry's right. You're far safer here. We can come up with some kind of workable plan for you. You'll not only be safe but get to see Harry every day."

Nodding vigorously, Harry added, "Sirius, we can work something out! I know this won't be the most comfortable and there'll be problems but we can do something." Trying to think he said, looking at Tom, "There is a caretaker's cabin on the grounds. You could have that. Not only are you somewhere safe but you won't have to live hand to mouth like you are." He didn't add the obvious that his godfather would be able to stay away from those that would make him uncomfortable.