Chapter 53

Lying curled up in bed with Tom before the sun rose fully, Harry was looking out the window, but relishing in the feeling of his lover holding him. This was good, it really was. The fuzzies were still there, no doubt about that, but they seemed to be lessening in degree. At least he felt clearer than he had so far. For him, that was a relief. It meant, maybe, things would go back to normal soon and he could continue on with what he had been doing. Another good thing. There was too much riding on what he did for him to be out of the game for long. Once he was with it enough to go back to Hogwarts, he would have Barty fill him in then get back to it.

Resting his head on Tom's chest, listening to the reassuring beat of the man's heart, he asked, quietly, "Barty's not having any problems on his end? Dumbledore hasn't tried anything?""From what Snape's said, and the messages passed along to me from Barty, all's fine there. Dumbledore's tried once, as we would expect, but Snape shut him down quickly. They've made sure to put something in place so if he does try again, Barty gets plenty of warning and can protect himself. It'll also alert Snape. The only complaint I'm hearing is boredom from Barty. That's to be expected as well. He'll manage," Tom told him with a grin, running his fingers through the young man's hair and giving it a soft tug.Smiling at having his hair pulled, Harry nodded, "Yeah, the boredom I can see. It would make me mental to have to be cooped up in that room alone for a week. He'll probably be grateful to get back here and have something to do.""He will," Tom snorted, smiling a little. Continuing to run his fingers through Harry's hair, he gave it an occasional tug as he did.Grinning just a little bigger, Harry asked, "What do we have to do today?""Besides you taking it easy?" Tom asked, looking down at the young man, eyebrow arched. Seeing the grin there, he just shook his head, "There is some legislation I have to go over. Some we do want to go through. Others need to be killed in some way. I'm sorting through that and will decide how to go about it. Beyond that, I want to see about trying to trace the Elder Wand. At least start. That's going to involve me getting in contact with a few people that know about wand lore." Letting his hand drift down, he began to rub the back of Harry's neck. "For you, I want some help with the legislation. At least to bounce ideas off of you. I don't think you're in any shape to formulate plans needed still. Beyond that, while Narcissa is working on you with the makeup, I want you to get her to fill you in on what she found out about the Hallows, specifically the wand. It's probably best that you have her do all three so it doesn't look too odd or have her wondering if you might know something about the others. Maybe a piece will stand out for you or Black in what she says that might ring some bells and give us a clue where to look."

"I can do that," Harry told him with a firm nod. "When are we going to handle Wormtail?"

"Once you're back in school we'll take care of that mess," Tom told him. "It'll be a full meeting. I want everyone to see this.""That's fine," Harry told him, shifting around and pressing closer to his body."Once you're back to normal and return to school, we need to start pressing forward with other plans as well, like the emancipation and Privet Drive. Those need to come, that's for damned sure. I'm positive Dumbledore already has something, somewhere, cooked up for Yule break. We need to cut it off at the knees and press on." Tom sighed."Yeah, we do," Harry agreed. "I need to get back to school just in case he tries something else, like another of those damned visions. If that happens and Barty is there, we have a real problem.""We do, I admit it," Tom conceded with a nod. "I don't think he will, not with the shape you're supposedly in. You never know with him, though. Especially if he thinks he has an opportunity to get further with you. Let's give it a couple days then we'll see what we can do there. Even if you're still slightly out of it, you'll be alone so it won't matter. Better safe than sorry there. Snape can help keep an eye on you if that's the case and make sure everyone stays away." Glancing down at the young man again, he added, quietly, "Before we can even ponder that step, you need to have that makeup down pat so you can apply it. Have Narcissa really work with you on it.""I will," Harry told him with a determined nod. "I can stave off part of it until it heals by making sure I keep a shirt on. With me being a Prefect and using their bathroom, most don't see me unless one of the others walks in. Most of those don't. But I'll make sure I'm at least passable on it. I'll be sure she writes out instructions on how to layer it. If she does that, I can probably manage to figure it out if I forget something.""Good idea! Do that," Tom told him firmly with a nod. "Even if you can't get the hang of it, we might be able to manage something like having her apply it during the day so you'll be able to keep it on for the most part. I don't know. We'll figure out something. It shouldn't be too long, just until that burn heals enough that you can use a glamour on it.""Yeah. Once it's good, I'll be fine," Harry said, shifting around a little, wrapping himself tighter around Tom and shutting his eyes. Smiling, he said, quietly, "This is nice.""It is," Tom admitted, smiling himself and holding Harry tightly. "We don't get to spend nearly enough time together, something unavoidable with all that's going on.""I know," Harry sighed, shaking his head. "Hopefully, once I'm a bit better we can manage again.""We will," Tom assured him, resuming combing his fingers through the younger man's soft hair. "I'll make sure of it. It's just so busy right now that it's hard to make time. We need to though.""We do," Harry admitted with a nod. Sighing, he asked, "What time is it?"Casting a Tempus, Tom said, "We do have to get up and move soon to start, but we have a while yet to just relax.""Good," Harry said, smiling, shutting his eyes.