Chapter 10 ( Secrets....secrets...secrets )

This chapter is short but I promise the next one will be worth the while.

P.S. I'll edit this chapter as soon as i can, now just deal with the mistakes ;)

I opened the door and we went in. I hear my mother and father’s voices coming from the living room.

I went straight there.

“I told him that he…” My mother talked but stopped when she noticed me and J.D.

“Hello.” She smiled at J.D.

“Mum, dad this is my friend J.D.”

I introduced them and the shook hands.

“I wanted to ask you but I totally forgot. J.D wants to be a lawyer and I promised him that I will introduce you guys.”

“Well of course. Sit down kids.” My father smiled politely as me and J.D sat on the sofa across them.

“You want to be a lawyer?”

“Yes sir.”

“Oh please call me Kevin. So what do you want to know J.D?”

“Well.”

He looked at me insecure but I smiled comforting him. He continued very confident.

I listened to every word J.D had to say. He looked like a guy that wouldn’t care about anything but he talked passionate about his research. I looked at my parents who were amazed by his knowledge. I felt proud.  

“You are very talented J.D. I can’t believe you know all of these things. I think that even our employees don’t have this much knowledge about our job.” My mother smiled. “What college are you planning to go to?”

“I was thinking Harvard. I’m still working on my application.”

“We finished there.” My father smiled too. “Listen J.D I know you’re still young but I could really use someone like you in the firm. How about after college you come to work for us. Just to see how you like it.”

I wanted to do the happy dance. I can’t believe my father offered him a job. I could feel J.D’s happiness.

“I would be honoured.”

“And why don’t you come and visit us at the firm. Maybe you can even watch one of the trials.”

J.D smiled wide.

“Sure.”

After that my mother convinced him to stay for lunch so while we waited I offered a tour around the house. When we were in front of my room I felt shivers. I had never had a boy in my room before.

I opened the door and we went in. I didn’t say a word. He didn’t talk either. He just looked around and stood in front of the big shelve with more then hundred books.

“Have you read all of them?” He turned to ask me in surprise.

I nodded my head. He turned his head towards the wardrobe and his look went down to my drawers.

“Is this the drawer with your underwear.” He tried opening it but I quickly closed it and glared at him.

“That’s off limits to you.”