Chapter 29 (Riddle of confusion)

“You want me to lie to Angie?”

After what just happened I can never look at her in the eyes. I feel like I’m betraying her but I can’t resist this.

“It’s the only way.”

“What if she finds out about this before it’s time to tell her ? She will never forgive me.”

“We have to do this. We have no other way but to hide and hope we don’t get caught.”

“And what about J.D?”

“You can’t tell him either. This thing will stay between us.”

“Okay.” I sighed in defeat. “I’ll keep this as a secret.”

I just hope Angie and J.D will forgive me for doing this to them.

I sat in class listening to the teacher and taking notes when the door open. Steven got in and sat on the first bench not breaking single eye contact with me. So he is back in school too. Just my luck.

I looked down at my notebook trying not to look in that direction again.

I played with my pencil. Just resist it. He probably looked at you because he knows you. Nothing else. He is probably not looking anymore.

I raised my look slowly at him and starred at his back. Oh thanks god. I guess I was right. Just a coincidence. And then he turned again and looked straight into my eyes.

I turned away my look and started writing something on my notebook. I was feeling really nervous and the moment I heard the bell ring I got my stuff and fly away from the classroom. I ran to my locker and once I was out of sight I calmed down and my heart was back in its place. That was so weird. I closed the locker and I jumped a step backwards. Steven was there.

“Hey.” He smiled widely.

“Hi.” I said with a trembling voice.

“You okay?”

“Yap.” I tried to get my breath. “Just in a hurry.”

With that I walked passed him and started walking faster. He caught up with me.

“So what’s your next class?”

Crap.

“English.”

“What a coincidence, me too.”

“Great.” I smiled as politely as I could and continued walking.

“How’s J.D doing?”

“Great, we are dating.” I tried to put that in his head.

“So I’ve heard.” He smiled and grabbed my hand gently pulling me towards him.

“Look, I know that J.D told you everything. But don’t worry. I don’t feel the same way now.”

I smiled again. “Aha. Okay. If you say so.” I pulled my hand out.

“Are you scared of me?”
He asked smirking politely.

“Me? No. Why? Should I be?”

“No.” He grinned.

“Great then. Goodbye now.” I grinned back and made sure to go fast as I could not turning back.

I made it to the other classroom and made sure I had kids sitting next to me from all the sides.