Chapter 11 ( I don't kiss and tell on a rainy day )

(Julie’s p.o.v.)

He stormed in the bathroom. I almost had a heart attack.

“J.D! You can’t be here. Get out.”

“So you weren’t planning on telling me?"

“What are you talking about?”

“You know what I’m talking about, don’t play dumb. Are you crazy Julie? I had to hear it from Johnny after he forced it out of Angie.”

Damn her. Damn them.

“Listen I know it seems…” I started calmly but he kept on yelling.

“What were you thinking? Telling my parents? OR YOURS? You have no idea what you’ve gotten your self into and you don’t have rights to make those kinds of decisions.”

Fury came rushing in me.

“Excuse me but you weren’t the one that was threaten. You think I asked Steven to tell me that he might kill me. I’m seventeen. I don’t need this bullshit in my life. And nether do you. Do you plan on going working for him? What are they? A mob? Are you going to deal drugs to kids? Are you going to rape or kill? Maybe deal guns? Have you lost your mind…”

“You got way out of line; do you really think I would do something like that?”

“You were working for him once. How should I know, what were you doing before. Don’t you want a better life? Without them. Don’t you want a career as a lawyer? You can’t have that if you go back there.”

“I am not going to work for him. I’m tired of him and I wanted to get rid of him my way. There is no need for our parents to know that. I told you I will protect you…”

“You are playing with fire. J.D you can’t do this on your own. You’re not in a movie. This is reality. How do you know what they will do to you? What they will do to me? I don’t care if you don’t want me to, I’m telling my parents. They’ll deal with this.”

He grabbed my shoulder shaking me.

“Don’t you dare tell them.”

“I am sick and tired of you telling me what to do.” I tried to push him away. “This is for our own good.”

He let go of me cursing.

“Fine. You know what? Tell them. I don’t care. My parents won’t care. I’ll deny it and your parents can do what ever they want.”

“You’re such an asshole. Why are you doing this?”

Two girls came in the bathroom. Me and J.D yelled in the same time get out.

“I am done with you.” He yelled. “You think your parents will protect you? Fine. But I’m done.”

“You are one selfish idiot.” I yelled as I held my tears back and my throat was burning. “You can’t do this on your own. Will you just listen to me? Let me explain.”

“I don’t want to listen. I might go to jail if you tell anyone. Don’t you get that you are the selfish one. Do you want me gone so badly?”

“I just want to help you. You are not going to jail. We can fix this…”

“There is nothing to fix. You’ll make everything worse. You don’t know anything.”

He tried to walk out but I pulled him back. Angry he pushed me on the wall.

“You were stupid enough to get into this. Be smart enough and get out.” I whispered.

“You’re one spoiled brat.” He glared madly at me. His voice was dangerous and he pushed me too hard on the wall. “I don’t care that you think you’re right. I am getting the hell away from you. You obviously don’t care about anyone else but yourself.”