Episode 3-Farewell the Sea

Weeks after Nya's merging

The ninja with unmasked scuba gear, stood in front of the newly crowned King of Merlopia.

King Benthomaar thanked the ninja for assisting him retaking the throne from the villainous Gripe, who had overtaken it since Kalmaar's demise to the ancient serpent Wojira he reawakened himself.

It was an act from a fool, a haughty one.

"Thank you, my friends for all you have done for my kingdom and father." Bentho walked away from his high throne, putting the newly made spear on the side.

"It is our honour." Lloyd replied politely as they all bowed.

Benthomaar's smile turned melancholic as he turned to Jay, with his webbed palm on his shoulder. "Without Nya, we wouldn't have stood a chance against the ancient evil. My entire kingdom owes her."

Jay gave no reply.

"I will do my best to find her, if it is the only thing I could do to make things better." Bentho continued.

Nya's departure had affected everyone in the team. Jay had become silent ever since. And no one really knew what to do with a missing piece that made them whole.

Everyone knew that Jay had taken it really hard. And with Jay's choice of living alone for a while, they decided to drop Jay off from the Hydro Bounty when they returned from their mission of retaking the throne.

And so the only idea of Jay's whereabouts, would be in the abandoned Lighthouse Island, where they temporarily set base during the mission, and dropped him off.

The Destiny's Bounty floated on the salty seas, anchoring into the seabed.

Kai, Cole and Zane leapt off the ship, landing on the rocky beach of Dr. Julien's prison.

Zane knocked on the door.

But there was no response.

"Maybe he's not here?" Cole looked at the incomplete team of three.

"If only half the team is going on the mission, then so be it." Kai said as he began to walk down the mossy stairs.

Cole was about to follow him, but Zane decided to try one last time, increasing his speaker volume.

"No ordinary stranger would come here to knock on this abandoned door, Jay. It's us, and we need your help."

"Your parents are really worried!" Cole added.

The lock unlocked and the door creaked open, revealing a dark room.

"Treat yourself like at home." The voice they hadn't heard in two years felt somber and downcast.

"Wha—" Cole looked at his old friend, wearing a thick beard.

"What?" Jay looked at him.

"No, nothing. Just a new look which is normal." Cole tried to make himself look less surprised.

Jay walked up the stairs, leaving the door open. The others followed.

Kai, still in his dojo robes from work, couldn't help but make awkward stepping noises with his shoes as he walked up the spiral staircase. He entered the top room, and what he saw couldn't really be put into words.

The place was a mess, full of unorganised things that all had some relevance to his sister.

In the past, Kai would react strongly, thinking that Jay was being obsessive over his sister, but this was something more than just obsession.