Episode 19-The Fifth Villain (Chapter 4)

Quick footsteps ran through the desolate streets of Ninjago City as the runner inhaled and exhaled excessively like a man out of breath.

He threw himself to the side of the wall where shade covered him from his pursuers, adjusting his bowl hat. Everywhere he looked, there was nothing but the normal night streets, just without the civilians, only making the environment eerier than it seemed. Someone, a group of men, were chasing him. Whether they were hunters for debt, or the New Ninja, the Mechanic preferred fighting where only the environments were to his advantage.

There were people scouring for him, standing on the high grounds like an eagle's hunt. So he instead decided to sneak around the narrow alleyways. This was near his 'neighbourhood', so he knew his roads well, making sure to take the most furtive route back to his old arcade lair.

The cyborg scoffed, seeing how the police did nothing to his old lair but surrounded the building with caution tape. The surveillance was weaker than he had anticipated, as he crept inside to scavenge for mechanical parts that were fitting for an upgrade, not noticing the five silhouettes standing on top of the building, under the moonlight.

They rushed into the Mechanic's lair, ready to finally take down that pesky sneaker, only to see nothing but bare scraps, and dusty arcade machines. They approached the lair with not a single sound made.

The Mechanic could swear he heard one of them holding a sneeze, while he hid behind one of the machines with a new upgraded cyborg arm, activating the button.

Out of nowhere, mechanical tentacles were launched, wrapping around them like tendrils of an overgrown octopus.

He smiled, knowing that his trap worked, as he revealed himself to the pursuers—the ninja..? "Well, if it ain't the ninja, dropping by unannounced." The Mechanic was genuinely surprised, but quickly rationalised with how normal it would be for them to escape captivity, "You should've called ahead. I'd have made appetizers!"

"We just—wanna—talk!" Jay struggled.

"—And tie you for a bit!" Cole added.

The Mechanic held up his chest, walking to the center as the tentacles holding the ninja were all positioned around him, as if he was the star of the show. "Tricked ya guys didn't I?" He cackled haughtily, "I ain't some dumb rookie no more."

He walked up to the Green Ninja, appraising himself for catching the legend, only to feel a tap at the back of his shoulder. He casually looked backwards, receiving a punch throwing him right towards the arcade machine as it toppled on him.

The others were set free, all approaching the groaning criminal. Cole caressed his knuckles which he had just used to smack the thug, "Pro tip, don't get double tricked. And also don't ever try to squeeze someone who's trained to deal with Constrictai, like me."

The Mechanic cursed them with his gold tooth exposed, but did nothing towards the ninja.

"Oh, hey look!" Jay nudged Lloyd, laughing, "He's trapped! By Prime Empire! Get it?"

"Haha very funny." Kai sarcastically said with his arms folded, only to snicker himself, "Let's get him in the noodle truck."

Lloyd stood alone inside the lair.

The others had left with the Mechanic, just as planned.

Lloyd put on the disguises, with the Mechanic's iconic fit, a bowl hat, and a fake arm.

Although he knew the basic information of what they were dealing with, sort of, Lloyd still couldn't shake off that unnerving feeling of the unknown, waiting to invite him.