Episode 25-Counterparts (Chapter 5)

The figure stood in the distance, amongst the lush lands.

Faint sunlight of warm colour seeped into the narrow gaps of many towering tree crowns of green.

Sounds of the ecosystem chirped and squeaked every now and then, as the two stood completely still.

His eyes were locked at hers, seeing the bleach white hair flowing to the wind, still soaked from the river waters which they had narrowly escaped.

The river must have carried them relatively far away, Lloyd thought. He noticed the several vines lying on the floor between him and Harumi, making a mental note to beware tripping on them when the inevitable clash began.

Lloyd's brain fired in fear as he had just realised that Harumi was no longer standing far away, but already within arm's reach, ready to strike his chest. Instant instincts kicked in as he flipped back, regaining some ground.

I must have got carried away, he thought as he lifted his two fists, charging towards her. He landed a heavy blow to her right, but she nimbly blocked it with her two arms, so Lloyd went for the left side with a wide kick. Harumi shifted away from the kick, spinning around so elegantly as she returned the favour, throwing her slender leg close to touching his chin.

Lloyd stumbled back, allowing Harumi to throw another one from her other leg as she split her legs with the most impressive flexibility, landing a blow on the Green Ninja.

A sadistic laughter filled the jungle, as she slowly approached the fallen ninja. The red paint across her face only made her purple eyes even more terrifying, glowing like the moonlight of death. Her manicured fingers were reached out slightly to her side, letting loose her slender fingers as a crystalline structure was slowly conjured from her hand.

The translucent hilt slowly grew into a large blade.

"So," Lloyd got up with his full strength, "you're going all out now, aren't you?"

Harumi developed a formidable smile, revealing her teeth, gripping her blade tight.

A green pulse of energy brightened around Lloyd's two fists, illuminating the darkening jungle, "Then there's no need for me to hold back."

Crackles of energy roared across the jungle as the two relentlessly clashed against each other. Hues of emerald and magenta flashed across the lands which could even be seen above the jungle, dashing around the lands in high speeds as if some ferocious storm was happening under the green clouds of leaves, scaring the inhabitants away with all armies of birds taking flight.

The Quiet One narrowly dodged the Green Ninja's destructive punch of energy, setting the leaves behind her on green flames. She crouched down for a quick slice on his shins but Lloyd leapt onto a branch. Realising that her swipe of attack had also cut the entire tree in half, including several more behind him, Lloyd quickly leapt onto her with a straightened leg in her face.

She nimbly dodged it again, allowing Lloyd to have enough time to absorb the burning green flames from the bushes, redirecting them at her with a single, concentrated blast.

"Argh!" Harumi groaned in pain, blasting through the bark of a tree.

She quickly got onto her feet, only to see the dual green eyes blasting into her retina.

"For all the things you've done to me," Lloyd furrowed his eyebrows as he slowly approached her, "It all ends now, right here!"

Shards of crystal knives shot from her sleeves, but Lloyd dodged them all, leaping high up with balls of light in his hands. Harumi backed up again, throwing more and more crystal knives as she tried to formulate an effective counterattack. Noting the fact that Lloyd had little mobility mid air, she conjured another purple sword aiming for his chest.