Episode 9-Reckless

The coarse winds of the night threw tiny but galore amounts of sand grains across the desert, bringing nothing but harsh weather. But not even the largest sandstorms could topple the nigh-impenetrable walls of Kryptarium, reaching dozens of meters high, each wall thicker than 5 or so meters of pure limestone.

Infamous for the worst criminals, and even dangerous villains, there was a reason this prison was specifically built isolated in the middle of the Sea of Sand, out of the City's reach, or out of anything's reach in general.

Therefore as much as it was difficult to get out, getting in unofficially would just be painfully the same. And Lloyd, Kai, and Zane had to do both in one go.

With the night and shadow at their aid, the three in black sneaked to sides of the outer walls with relative ease, not causing any suspicion by avoiding all the spotlights from the guards' outposts. With a quick infrastructure scan with Zane's vision, they quickly reached the vents without even a single trace. There was no emotion to their movements, only that of a ninja with their skills honed to run superior than a normal Nindroid, with their paces fast yet silent, their reflexes agile yet never an overreaction. A sharp blade is an extension of a sharp mind, and so is one's close connection of their body and mind.

However Kai seemed to loosen up a bit once he got into the vents, thinking that it was already safe. He had long accepted the fact that what they were going to do was utterly reckless and dangerous, but he had already made up his mind from the very start.

"Pix, how's Nya?" Lloyd spoke to the comm link while wriggling his way through.

"Her conditions are fine. Skylor has it under control." She replied.

"Skylor?!" Kai suddenly snapped once he heard her name, causing Zane and Lloyd, who were in front of him, staring at him in a weird manner. His voice echoed through the vents.

"I called her." Lloyd replied, "What of it?"

"You had her number?!" Kai went so loud that even Skylor from the other side of the comms could hear it, only to be responded by a "shhhhh" by the two ninja. He immediately shutted his mouth, focusing on the mission at hand. He wouldn't let that slip up again, taking a mental note.

"She has replicated my elemental powers, to keep Nya in check before we return." Zane explained whispering, while also pointing his finger to the left, signalling where Lloyd should go next.

"Alright, let me repeat the plan one last time just in case." Lloyd's eyebrows furrowed as he changed directions, "Right now, Kai, Zane and I are in Kryptarium to get Aspheera out, while Jay and Cole get her staff at the Borg Vault on the -23rd floor. Remember, no powers, no names. We wanna make this as anonymous as possible, copy?"

Everyone responded with a copy, ready for action.

Lloyd then looked at Kai and Zane behind him, signalling that they had reached the vent opening, nodding his head. "Right then, let's do this."

Zane nodded back, connecting his mind to the security systems of the Prison. They waited for Zane's signal, instantly unscrewing the hatch plate after it with the utmost silence and furtiveness. Lloyd went out first, crouching with the opening plate on his hands, waiting for the two to enter before enclosing the vents. Zane pulled up his black sleeves, revealing his titanium skin which opened to allow a mechanic screwdriver to drill the nails back in, as if nothing had happened.

Lloyd sneaked towards the edge of a turning point, looking at the corridor full of cameras. Thinking that Zane had already hacked into the security, both he and Kai almost walked out, only to be pulled back by Zane.

"What are you doing Zane? I thought you hacked them already." Lloyd asked him.

"I'm not Zane." Kai replied, whispering in almost a hissing way.